Martin PBM3D Mariner inner colours

Grizzly

As far as i know, Mariners were inerior green throughout, with black instrument panels, coamings and electronics.

Seat headrests were red/brown with buff or khaki drill cushions.

Unfortunately, there are very few colour images of the interior. Mariners were never glamourous enough to attract very much attention from many photographers.

As far as i know, Mariners were inerior green throughout, with black instrument panels, coamings and electronics.

Seat headrests were red/brown with buff or khaki drill cushions.

Unfortunately, there are very few colour images of the interior. Mariners were never glamourous enough to attract very much attention from many photographers.

Thanks for your input regards Len

After discussing with a Mariner gunner, he recalls the aft section was either aluminum (doubtful due to corrosion) or painted Grey.

All the reasearch I've done points to Grey although the "restored" PBM-5A at Pima shows it as interior green.

Its a mixed bag and "real" info is sparse.

Let me check the "Maintenance and Erection Manual" and "Structural repair Manual" for the Mariner to see what it says.

Edited by Shawn M

Looking at this video you can see the rear hull interior is a light grey colour and the front interior is an "interior green" colour.

This is a post war film but I would think it is likely that these colours are representative of most Marimers

Thank you everyone BM always comes up with the answers Len

• 1 month later...