Late Version M5A1

robw_uk

Anyone got interior photos of the late version M5A1. Thinking of adding some detail to mine (AFV club) - the Verlinden set probably wouldnt fit too well so would have to be scratch

any after market goodies I could look at to enhance the kit (thinking stowage but will consider anything).

These are great little kits, built one last year.

Scalemates lists a few AM products, and it looks Verlinden is the only interior detail.

HobbyEasy general search on M5A1 nets 3 pages to flip through. Eduard looks to have the PE if you want to go to that detail. Legends has a dedicated stowage set in resin, but you'll have to check your references about the extra sandbags, that might have been just a Pacific theater setup.

LF1214C.jpg

Interior photos:

http://www.armchairgeneral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67152

regards,

Jack

This stowage looks more universal from the scalemates site - didn't notice the click able expanded view of conversion items:

114801-b.jpg

Edited by JackG

cheers Jack... had looked at the Blast stowage.... now wondering aboutthat + driver figure and a dio base (maybe a french street corner or country road) - something for new skills to be tried

• 3 weeks later...

argh... torn.. can afford the verlinden interior, and apparently HISTOREX have it in stock, but as its for the Tamiya not sure how usable it would be... have grandiose plans for this - interior, figures, base (thinking stopped in street scene while figures checking map - maybe even a big enough base for a 2nd model as well)... but may be I should just continue to go OOTB and attempt some level of scratch interior... hmph

mr decisive of tyneside

done the deed - 1 verlinden interior set ordered... this build will probably be the one for the rest of the year - hoping to do the interior (plus wiring?) then a base and crew (thinking 2 looking at a map while 2 relax - or may be all 4 relax)... thats my challenge for this year

have now found the NEWTMD replacement hatches and also panzerart sandbag armour stocked in the UK... may also get some rear stowage (think blast models do some nice stuff)...

the final piece of the puzzle... tempted by the an-uiq-1 psywar version... anyone know of a readily available after market option for that? have photos of the unit itself so could scratch build it, but believe I would also need to add a box on the rear of the turret)...

I think I have some photos, but not of hatches. There are two Cadillac engines, two automatic transmissions, and two drive shafts. Please contact me when this is back on the front burner.