1/48 Kinetic Sea Harrier FA2

Seamus

Work continues, and she's starting to look like a Shar now. There's still quite a lot of work required to sort out the various seams, which is a slow process as it's my least favourite part of a build...

_MG_8676_zps3i1xroxt.jpg

_MG_8675_zpsl4lvqela.jpg

• Like 7

• 1 month later...

It's very much oin the backburner for now. I ran out of steam with it, as I tend to do whenever I venture into 1/48. This one will get finished though, eventually... :)

Edited by Seamus

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Keep up the good work Shaun.  Imagine one 1:48th build is 2 or 3  1:72nd scale ones :)

For those in doubt about the Kinetic kits I'd refer you to the following comments by a late friend of mine, Steve Hague, from when the Harrier SIG built thirty (yes, 30!) 1:48th scale Airfix FA.2s for 899 Naval Air Squadron's decommissioning dinner in March 2005...  (At that time the Airfix kit was the only game in town.)

Cheers

Nick

"Let's build an Airfix SHAR FA2... Suitable only for well-adjusted adults who are not prone to bouts of unrestrained rage, swearing or self-harm.  A full command of the builder's own language and vocabulary would be useful to alleviate the monotony of using the same choice expressions over and over again, especially when applying the decals.  It is recommended that the builder takes regular breaks to avoid stress build-up, as well as allowing occasional exposure to natural light as this model may take a while.  This model is not designed for flight and has not been stressed for sudden impact with walls or floor.  Caveat emptor...!       

Might we also take the opportunity to recommend some useful products which might come in handy when making this kit.

Humbrol Model Filler                  One large tube per kit should suffice - apply kit to filler, rather than vice versa

Humbrol Medium Sea Grey       Available in a variety of shades - including dark green in a tin labelled 165 it seems

Wet & Dry - various grades       As much as you can carry, maybe more

Book of Eastern Meditation       To bang your head on

Prozac - Extra Strong                 As much as you can 'score' locally

Telephone no. for Samaritans   Just in case it’s all  too much......!"  Frequent calls may be needed.

Remembering that we are model-makers and, having built 14 Airfix SHAR FRS.1s/FA.2s and 2 GR.3s, all I can say is - "Thank goodness for Kinetic!"