1/72 Pair (Mustang and Defiant)

So here we go (sorry for the quality, I hate the light in my flat)

1st up is the 1/72 Airfix Mustang, for £3 odd I'm not going to complain

IMG_0461_zps79a75e3b.jpg

IMG_0464_zps6188860e.jpg

IMG_0462_zps92c90ba5.jpg

2nd is the new Defiant, my word, what a fabulous little kit, no drama, no issues just cut, glue, paint. I was torn over which one to do as I have one on order at my LMS but I can't see me getting it soon, luckily Fenwicks in Newcastle had more of these than the RAF did so into my hands it went.
I settled for the night fighter, I like the contrast between the black and the sharksmouth, I can always buy more.

IMG_0468_zpsf567e9d6.jpg

IMG_0466_zps309ac099.jpg

IMG_0465_zps18cf053a.jpg?t=1424607198

• Like 5

Looks sharp Greg.

A friend of mine (lo, these many, many years ago) had the old Airfix Defiant. This one looks like it might be an improvement on that. :D I may be forced to add one to my extant order from the Big H.

I bought the Mustang the other day (cost me more than 3 quid though), and it is a very nice little kit - I'm going to do mine as Dooleybird, I think, in homage to the old Matchbox one I built years ago.

Hi Greg,

Looks like you're getting a good start on your builds. If I may offer though. You can take your models to the next level by filling the lines between the two fuselage halves with some filler putty. Also it looks as if your paint needs to be thinned somewhat before you apply it to the model. Do you use enamels or acrylics?

I can see talent there, and with some practice and supplies, you're going to be turning out great builds in no time.

These two aircraft are just iconic to the hilt, so it is always a pleasure to see some nice builds of them.

Well done! The day I see a Defiant, I will grab it, but that may take a while around here!

Great job and keep on building them!

JR

PS: You can thin the varnish out as well. It has worked for me in the past.

I wasn't really bothered about the defiant when it was announced (Blasphemy!) but I saw a few on here and had to have one. I may end up getting the starter kit one on Thursday.

I'll give it a try thanks.