Fokker F27, Air Anglia. 1:144

Fokker F.27, Air Anglia

Welsh Models 1:144 Vacform

f271_zps881a0d4e.jpg

The F.27 was Fokkers very successful entry to the twin turboprop regional airliner market, first flying in 1955. Very few remain in service,, but it had a long and varied career with a wide range of operators

The Welsh Models vacform is one of my favourite kits, this one being my third to be completed. The Air Angliadecals come with the kit and are designed & produced by Twosix decals and performed beautifully. There is no white printing on them so the 'Air Anglia' titles are clear printed in the black area. The bottom of the fuselage then needs painting in black.

I scratch built my own props from sprue runners for the spinners and 10 thou sheet for the props.

f272_zps939e1d8c.jpg

f275_zpse11c27fb.jpg

f273_zps1d1009f6.jpg

f274_zpsa836e4d2.jpg

And finally 'with something else', more F.27's!

f276_zpsfe5e01c0.jpg

Thanks for looking,

John

• Like 29

Very nicely done John. Especially so being a vacform, which I still find a bit intimidating. Great result on the props too.

An Air New Zealand in your future?

Cheers,

Mike

Wonderful! I've got the Airfix 1/72 kit somewhere, along with AirAnglia decals from somewhere or other.

I used to fly regularly Norwich <-> Amsterdam with AirAnglia in F27's a long time ago. It was a super airline and I was so sorry when the changed to AirUK then vanished.

Memories ....

Very nice,all three.

Last week Gary said the Black appeared Black but it was very Dk Blue. Which is it, Black or Blue? Must admit until I read that last week I thought it was Black. It looks Black on all the pictures I've seen and remember seeing them in the 70's.

Edited by bzn20

Superb stuff. Very impressed when I opened the pics and found a really sharp build and finish in such a small scale.

I also have memories of the AA F-27s at Norwich airport back in, I want to say 1971, as we went with the school for an "air flight" in one of the AA Daks. Heady memories!

Thanks for showing.

ATB
Rick

• 2 years later...

Great build! :like:

I am currently building the same kit. Gonna use Ozark markings. It was a small regional airline out of St Louis MO. 

I'll post pics when I'm through. I doubt it will be as good as your build. 

Edited by Mike Esposito

Exceedingly well done!

You have the stance and details just right, in my opinion.

Having grown up with these aircraft, regularly landing and taking off at our regional airport, it is great for me to see a well-built replica like this.

:clap2:

Hello,John - Its always a pleasure to view your superb airliner builds.This delightful 'F-27 Friendship' is no exception on that score.

However, this particular subject means much more to me because it reminds me of some of my happiest and most nostalgic 'spotting days' at my local airport, 'Leeds/Bradford Airport'.Along with AirUK, the 'F-27's were always to be seen.

Thank you for a delightful trip down Memory Lane!

😉👍 All the very best,Paul.

Lovely! Used to fly on Air UK and then Manx F-27s to the Isle of Man when I was a kid - loved being able to watch the undercarriage retracting.

Very nice model - I love what you've done with the props - I used to have some of the Welsh Models kits in the stash and have built a few, but the props always seemed to be a weak point - the vac formed props didn't seem to be much use, and the white metal props you could buy separately always seemed to be too thick.