Revell 1/500 USS Enterprise NCC-1701 (Into Darkness) ***COMPLETE***

Rickpadwick1801

• 2 weeks later...

Build finished.

Now onto the decals after a bit of research as Revell seem to have gone a bit OTT on the decals again. I certainly don't remember the Enterprise having lots of blue patches everywhere.

I will post a photo later.

I have 1 criticism of this kit and that is its fit issues. The warp nacelles both had issues which left me with the seams I had to sort out and when attaching the saucer to the secondary hull there is a clip at the front which has gone positioned first and then 4 pins to go in. Once the clip is in place the pins do not fit properly.

Rick

Edited by Rickpadwick1801
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Nice to see you worked through the issues you were having Rick, looking forward to the photos, are they ready to post?

Hi Mike,

The picture of the built up ship is still on my camera as I haven't done anymore work on her since I last posted.

I still have all of the decals to do. I will get them off camera tomorrow after work and post them up.

Your build looks great.

Cheers,

Rick

Hi Everyone,

Here is the photo of the fully assembled ship. This picture was taken almost 2 weeks ago now and she hasn't progressed any further i.e. no decals have been applied to the hull.

Assembly%20completed_zpskrthws34.jpg

I don't know when I will be progressing with this or any of my other projects as I'm taking a break from modelling at the moment.

Thanks for looking,

Rick

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

With my Reliant build now complete, I will be starting to work on the decals for this build.

Now there seem to be a lot of decals (mostly lines) which I think will detract from the lines of the build itself by making it look overloaded with colour, so I'm not sure which decals I am going to use yet.

Photos when the process is underway.

All the best,

Rick

• Like 1

I have looked at the instructions but will be leaving off the majority of the lines, just like I did with the Reliant. So I should have this build finished tomorrow.

I will post photos as soon as possible.

Early start today (at least compared to yesterday).

Decals underway.

Word of warning for other members who either have this kit or are building it : the instructions say to either apply decal 68 to the underside of the engineering hull or paint the section of hull as decal 68 will cover the slot for the display stand and will need a slot cut into the decal once positioned and secure.

Should be finished today, because despite fit issues etc with the kit, Revell did amazing job with the decals they slide off almost instantly,

Edited by Rickpadwick1801

Hi Everyone,

Here are the last set of photos for this build. The last task for this build was to do the decals for the build.

Anyway here are the photos.

IMG_6898_zpswrokdeeh.jpg

IMG_6893_zps9wl7bakr.jpg

IMG_6892_zpstz4ecpeq.jpg

IMG_6894_zps93wif4yc.jpg

IMG_6899_zps7uuig20j.jpg

IMG_6900_zpsp0j7wbum.jpg

I will be posting my photos in the Gallery in a few minutes.

Rick

• Like 1

Hi Everyone,

Here is the taster for the completed USS Enterprise NCC-1701 from Star Trek Into Darkness.

Enterprise%20amp%20Reliant_zpsopkmxqie.j

Shown here with the AMT 1:537 USS Reliant NCC-1864, there is quite a size difference.

Here is the gallery post, look forward to hearing what you all think.

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234977048-gallery/?p=1988753

All the best,

Rick

• Like 2

Agreed: Nice to see em both done!

If i might suggest tho, On Reliant?

The recessed panels on the rear main hull should be a dark grey. upper & lower hull. makes a world of difference, & easily do-able with a brush....