1/48 aoshima airwolf

Nice build Matt, a lot better than the original AMT airwolf I built a lot of years ago, it had no rear doms station just rear seats being a 222 conversion put on the market.

All the best Chris

Thats the same as the Kitech kit I am currently building, Chris.

I wish I had got one of these kits but couldn't afford one.

• Like 1

I wish I had got one of these kits but couldn't afford one.

Aye, shame they went out of production, it's made the price sky rocket.

Seen them going for over £100!

When I got mine early last year, they were still in production, only paid about £30 for it.

Yeah, I was really, really wanting this kit as another kid who grew up in the 80s-90s. This was a staple of my childhood. But, as you say, it goes for absurd prices on eBay. Same with Aoshima's Mad Max kit, which I really want. The Mad Max kit (I think last one I saw was $150 starting bid) may end up being one of those disposable income guilty pleasures eventually. :pipe:

• Like 1

Yeah, I was really, really wanting this kit as another kid who grew up in the 80s-90s. This was a staple of my childhood. But, as you say, it goes for absurd prices on eBay. Same with Aoshima's Mad Max kit, which I really want. The Mad Max kit (I think last one I saw was $150 starting bid) may end up being one of those disposable income guilty pleasures eventually. :pipe:

Never say die! Don't give up hope on either of these kits being reissued.

I thought I was going to have to pay silly ebay money for a matchbox victor, to complete my v bomber trio, and lo and behold revell have just reissued it.

There's always a possibility,if demand becomes great enough, that they might see the light of day again.

I hope they do re-issues because the Aoshima Blue Thunder is miles better than the Kitech and is 1/48 scale as well so it would look great alongside Airwolf.

Cheers,

Tom.

• Like 1

Never say die! Don't give up hope on either of these kits being reissued.

I thought I was going to have to pay silly ebay money for a matchbox victor, to complete my v bomber trio, and lo and behold revell have just reissued it.

There's always a possibility,if demand becomes great enough, that they might see the light of day again.

That's funny you mention the Victor, because I was feeling exactly the same way about it, and I got one as part of a multi-kit lot for about the same price as I expected to pay for the Victor alone! Now I need to fork out for the Valiant and the Vulcan but given the size of them I'm not terribly put off by their ~$55 asking price. Still, it's not cheap!

You've done a marvelous job with this Airwolf build, as well. I love how great the cockpit looks!

• Like 1

Thanks for all the kind compents chaps.

I think the quality of my build is more down to how well the kit is produced than my skills. The fit is really top notch, must find some more aoshima kits to see if they are the same.

This is turning out to be my favourite build to date, and will actually be the first kit I will see through to the end, hopefully.

Matt.

Edited by S5 modeller

Little update.

Got stringfellow and Dominic painted, ready for installation.

Not very good at figure painting, just did my best....

DSC_0064.jpg

DSC_0065.jpg

DSC_0069.jpg

DSC_0070.jpg

Stringfellow all ready for his pilots seat.

DSC_0068.jpg

Dominic nearl ready, just got to attach his arms.

• Like 5

Cool subject (although I was always a Blue Thunder fan as a kid, I think Airwolf may have been banned as being too violent...) and your work on the cockpit and figures looks very good.

Might be worth tweezering off the bit of fluff from Stringfellow's left hand?

Will

• Like 1

It's that time again.

Update!!

Cockpit is nearing completion. Got dom glued in without his arms, so I could position them on the keyboard properly.

His arms are now attached, and in the final position.

DSC_0091_edit_1426891480470.jpg

DSC_0093.jpg

DSC_0094.jpg

One thing I have just noticed, I have put stringfellow in the wrong seat!

There is only one collective, and it is in the near seating position in the above picture, but I put stringfellow in the other seat as that's where I remember him being in the TV series.

Oh well, too late now, I won't tell if you don't.

DSC_0098.jpg

DSC_0096.jpg

First cockpit section installed, and dom is about to do his best houdini act, and dissappear.

Sorry for the quality of the last picture, it's rather hard to get the lighting right, either they come out clear but dark, or lit up and a funny colour.

More later.

Matt

Edited by S5 modeller
  • Like 2