Revell Star Wars Master Series - Fine Molds reissue?

172flogger

Revell's re-boxing of Mobius kits have been significantly cheaper than the originals. I would say that these will be similar.

Expect to see a glut of Fine Molds Star Wars kits on ebay any time soon.

I'm really glad to see Revell have picked these kits up, I'll have to get a few more.

Cheers,

Stuart

• 2 weeks later...

These are for the US market, it's not Revell of Germany...

But Revell of Germany have the Star Wars rights in Europe so they'd bee silly not to release them in Europe.

Do you have a source that states about these being for the US market?

Not a source, but I shot off an e-mail to RoG, thus far no reply (which by itself doesn not mean much), but these kits weren't presented at Nürnberg, but at a US toy show a couple of weeks later.

I may be wrong, of course, I sincerely hope I am, because I would like the MF, especially if it's the 1/72 at an affordable price point...

Revell US and Germany are the same company but the licensing of Star Wars can be different (e.g. granted for US but not for Europe). Of course this does not mean that we can not get hold of them (as it happened with Fine Mold and now with Bandai of Japan)

Its possible the deal was done between Nuremberg and the US show, especially given the re-used boxart and lack of accurate kit details (parts, scale, etc.)

Maybe Revell.de are looking at a 2015 Qtr1 release as they don't announce everything for the next 12mths.

Cant wait, as been after the fine moulds kits but over my budget!! Just hope these will be a lower price??

I do hope they release the Y- wing too. I'm not paying ebay prices!

• Like 1

The new Bandai releases are possibly even nicer than the FM ones, so if it's 1/72 scale you're after, feel free to spring for them. I have the X-wing, and it's a beauty. There's a thriving and very helpful community at the discussion forums over at www.starshipmodeler.com, where there's a lot more detail on the subject ;)

Fingers crossed!

:lol: Fingers, toes, arms, legs & anything else that can be crossed!! On a related note, it is nice to see Bandai have now also released a variety of kits. The AT-ST is particularly welcome. I'd personally prefer to see the Storm Trooper & Darth Vader in a larger scale (maybe 1/6). However, beggars cannot be choosers and I'm happy to see them anyway.

Allan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

https://www.facebook.com/RevellUSA/photos/np.55126451.100002440552223/959430204089247/

ANNOUNCEMENT: Revell® will be exhibiting at the 2015 Star Wars Celebration event April 16-19 at the Anaheim convention center in Anaheim, California. BOOTH # 1358. This is the annual ultimate Star Wars™ fan experience!
Please stop by the booth! We will have some awesome built ups on display and you can get information about all the Revell Star Wars model kits and even buy some at the booth! Revell is an official licensee for Star Warsâ„¢ model kits in the United States, Canada and Mexico. For more information on all the events at the Celebration, please go to their website: http://www.starwarscelebration.com/

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...