Trumpeter 1:700 USS Iowa

Hi guys

I am on the lookout for a correct wood deck for the above kit. Was one ever produced? I have the Hunter Missouri (is this really correct for Missouri, the rear seems to be missing.) & the Artwox Iowa (New Jersey) decks.

Neither looks correct to me.

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

What do you mean by the rear of the deck missing? Do you mean the quarterdeck area? It will depend on the mod state. During WWII the wooden deck ran all the way to the fantail, whereas when the ships were converted the deck was metal from just aft of No.3 turret, with the exception of a finger of wooden deck amidships leading to the flying deck area.

Neither had much teak from the No.3 turret aft - in fact the Missouri was steel plated all the way back from the superstructure.

NY285-600Border.jpg

Iowa

h96814k.jpg

Missouri

Edited by Brokenedge

Do Trumpeter make a 1945 kit in 1/700? I thought all of theirs were modernised versions? I don't know, so I'm asking. Mark is it a modern one or WW2 version you are doing?

Edited by Brokenedge

Yes talking about the modernized versions.

The Artwox Iowa deck is a copy of the NJ deck unfortunatly and nothing like the Iowa deck above. That above pic is what I am looking for but I don't think it exists. :weep:

uss-bb-62-new-jersey-1982-battleship.png

At least the Hunter Missouri deck is correct.

I was hoping to do all 4 but as I can only find the correct decks for NJ & Missouri I doubt that will ever happen.