flightradar24 picking up RAF /military movements !

AirfixAndy

Nice one Rick, that's been over me 3 times since Saturday. I can hear it coming. This is when it's coming, and not going like at the moment. There are two different AN-12s that go over. They arrive over head between 18:30 and 19:30. It's heading over Southampton way tonight. Too far West for me.

0E8BD6B9-4133-455F-813D-DFD892B5F0EF_zps

This is the other one that goes over, but I've not seen this one for a few weeks.

Where's it go to?

Haven't seen one since Afghanistan.

I'll need to check next time it goes over but I think Birmingham or Manchester Edited by Graeme

An-12 approaching the UK. Just over the English Channel at the moment East of Cherbourg. (18:30)

Where's it go to?

Haven't seen one since Afghanistan.

The one that has just gone over MK at around 22:50 on Friday is a Cavok Air flight, into East Midlands Airport

The one that has just gone over MK at around 22:50 on Friday is a Cavok Air flight, into East Midlands Airport

That's the second AN-12 tonight.

It was picking up a lot of activity a week ago. On the 25th about 9;30am, I watched a Tornado WOLF1 on its way back to Marham, then Spotted a Typhoon SPARTA11 over the north sea and a Voyager doing circuits just off Peterhead - I was expecting the Typhoon to join it. Then picked up another Typhoon PHSYCO22 leaving Lossie, it went around the cost of Scotland, down to Leuchars, slowed down to 250mph then did what looked like a practice display at 16,000ft - normal practice until the display is cleared to be practiced at a lower level.

If you can set up an alert for call signs, keep an eye out for PHSYCO22