flightradar24 picking up RAF /military movements !

AirfixAndy

Two c130s doing circuits around the Ripon area......picked up on FR24 and the MkI eyeball...I'm at Lightwater Valley theme Park.

One was doing around 6000ft and the other flew directly over us at about 250 feet !

It's one of the RAF green special ops Herc .

Still doing the rounds at the moment .

Andy

Two c130s doing circuits around the Ripon area......picked up on FR24 and the MkI eyeball...I'm at Lightwater Valley theme Park.

One was doing around 6000ft and the other flew directly over us at about 250 feet !

It's one of the RAF green special ops Herc .

Still doing the rounds at the moment .

Andy

No it is not a special ops Hercules, its just one that has had the new paint finish. they normally receive this after having a Major servicing at Marshalls, Cambridge. EX J Herc Chief Tech Trade Manger

• Like 1

I followed a Herc this morning which was heading south from the Doncaster area, and it got as far south as Witney...then it just stopped! The details said it was at 781m, at 122kt, but it wasn't moving according to FR24 - must be one of those new VTOL Hercs we've heard nothing about, lol

• Like 1

I followed a Herc this morning which was heading south from the Doncaster area, and it got as far south as Witney...then it just stopped! The details said it was at 781m, at 122kt, but it wasn't moving according to FR24 - must be one of those new VTOL Hercs we've heard nothing about, lol

Probably landed at Brize Norton. Witney is close to it.

Probably landed at Brize Norton. Witney is close to it.

I was watching Hawks doing the very same thing on Friday on FR24, do they disappear when they go "low level", they seem to reappear sometimes, a few minutes later?????

Steve

No it is not a special ops Hercules, its just one that has had the new paint finish. they normally receive this after having a Major servicing at Marshalls, Cambridge. EX J Herc Chief Tech Trade Manger

Makes a change from Grey I supposed :D

Thanks for the info .

Andy

ETPS RJ100 currently flying big circles over Dartmoor.

It looks quite busy this afternoon, the RJ100 is currently flying in big circles off the North Cornwall coast, there are also a couple of Squirrels out of Shawbury, a Hawk (Yeovilton?), a Shadow over North Wales and an F-15E, Jungle 22, north of Peterborough.

Edited by Richard E

Currentlyheading north and near Harrogate Voyager probably heading for the North Sea AR Area and west of Sheffiled a BAe146 / RJ100.

Earlier this mornning BN Defender over Southampton and another in the Lincs area as well as the King Airs and Tutors.

• 2 weeks later...

I was seeing what was going over Durham this morning,noticed Teeside,s regular falcons circling out in the north sea and a Hawk down the east

coast that,s journey seemed to start in Perth.

• Like 1

Thanks Rick, looks like they have disappeared. Joe

• Like 1