Westland Wessex Family STGB Chat

heloman1

When: 5th November 2016 to 5th February 2017

Host: Heloman, Nobby57

Whilst we're on a roll with the Sea King STGB I thought, well who might be interested in a Wessex STGB. The Fly 32nd scale kit should be available soon and with all the Italeri vaersion now available, it could be quite a fun build.

With the calendar book for this year, if we were suucessfull the GB wouldn't be until 2016 at the earliest. Let me have your thoughts, please.

Colin the Wessex fan/nut.

1. Heloman (co-host)

2. Nobby57 (co-host), thanks Nobby

3. Moaning dolphin

4. Bootneck

5. Rodders154

6. Loft-full (?)

7. sniperUK

8. Paul J

9. Roof Rat

10. theplasticsurgeon

11. Flyboy72nd

12. martin hale

13. NAVY870

14. abat

15. Andrew Perren

16. Hockeyboy76

17. Perdu

18. Goirgio N

19. Caerbannog

20. hgbn

21. milktrip

22. Rob G

23. Grizzly

24. Paul Bradley

:bounce: If it's a Wessex...and with the completion of a proper modelling station this year, I would definitely like to be involved in this one. Incidentally, going through the loft, I found an old Matchbox HU.5 'Junglie', but that's for another day.

You might want to leave that one in the box Nobby. The decal sheet in the second release red/RAF BG SAR cab was all that was good. Far better to use the Italeri kit for all it's quirkyness.

Glad I could tempt you.

Colin

• Like 1

I'm interested too. When would it happen?

Cheers,

Bob

Thanks for the interest guys, it's appreciated. Looking at the GB rules, we need 30 participants (Ouch!) just to qualify. A second member as a co-host (volunteer required please) and then it's up to the Mod's and if there is a suitable gap in the GB calendar. So dig out all you helo building mates and lets see what we can do.

Colin

If a member enters two different Wessex builds, does that count as 2 towards your 30? :shrug:

Mike

Hi Mike, I tried that one in the Ducati Panigale GB Chat thread. To my thinking, I'd say yes but then I'm biased... I've got six Revell kits that need building maybe I could...

Colin

You might want to leave that one in the box Nobby. The decal sheet in the second release red/RAF BG SAR cab was all that was good. Far better to use the Italeri kit for all it's quirkyness.

Glad I could tempt you.

Colin

Aha! No worries there Colin, I have 4 Italeri 1/48th scalers to get my gnashers into, with lots of AM...the 1/72 stuff is purely for collection purposes...thinking of a an HAS.1 Borneo Jungllie at the moment...or maybe even a 1970, South East Asian Tour Bulwark cab. Anyway, I think we'll get the requisite numbers so I'd prepare to get the thread moved to the GB section and if needs be, pencil me in as your co-pilot!

I've got the Italeri kit in my stash.

Wessex_HU5_zps5zalfq1o.jpg

My only ever helicopter flight with 18 Squadron,

11 August 1978 on ATC camp at Gutersloh, in XR519/BD.

I have acquired 18 Sqdn decals for this one - so count me in.

Edited by theplasticsurgeon
correction

So there's a helicopter called a Westland Wessex as well?

.................You live and learn!

Are we talking ONLY Westland Wessex or is it's Daddy the H-34 acceptable?

As the Wessex was a spin off form the H-34 it would be rude not to include it, so yes. If it helps expand the interest why not.

Colin