AMG Mercedes Benz FIA F1 Safety Car (Fujimi 1:24)

Thanks Both :)

Shaun, I removed them from behind with a Dremel. This meant minimal cutting from the front with just some filing to tidy things up.

Rishi, The PE parts fit behind the vents and replace the plastic grills completely.

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

Looking very tasty. I've always like the safety cars as a way of modelling something different with the racing field.

Colin

Thanks Colin. I saw it and just had to buy it!! Just hoping I do it justice :whistle:

Sorry I'm late Nigel........... I don't often visit the vehicle's section. Looking very nice so far! :popcorn:

Welcome Stix. Nice to see you here :) I find the high shine finishes quite challenging so I'm hoping she comes out OK :unsure:

That shell is really starting to come together with that first paint coat - looking forward to seeing it finished and polished!

Roger

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The paintwork with the decals on look great!! Looks like a very nice finish to the paintwork. :thumbsup:

Thanks Stix. It looks OK on the shelf to the naked eye so I'm happy ;)

• Like 1

Managed get a spurt on and finish this lady over the last couple of days. She'll not win any competitions but I think she looks good on the shelf. Hope you like her. Thanks to those who have kept me company during the build. Cheers. Nigel

IMG_1321_zpsljful7ka.jpg

IMG_1323_zpsknbucqc3.jpg

IMG_1329_zpsa6pak0sm.jpg

IMG_1331_zpsefodxzgp.jpg

IMG_1314_zpspu8v0lun.jpg

IMG_1337_zpspqfinov3.jpg

IMG_1346_zps1t4g8yqa.jpg

• Like 2

Hi Roger,

Thank you :) I've really enjoyed this build - especially due to my love of F1.

I have a 1/12 Williams in a cupbord with just the engine built. I purchased it thinking bigger was better but soon realised that's not always the case with static builds. However, it may make a good subject for a KUTA GB!!

Cheers

Nigel

Hi Nigel. Hope you are keeping well. That looks excellent! I really like the look of that and it looks great with the other two. Well done.

Now there's still a while until the BoB GB so what's next? :winkgrin:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Hi Nigel. Hope you are keeping well. That looks excellent! I really like the look of that and it looks great with the other two. Well done.

Now there's still a while until the BoB GB so what's next? :winkgrin:

Kind regards,

Stix

Hi Stix,

Thank you :)

Work is really soaking up my time at the moment and whilst I was hoping to do something between now and the start of the BoB GB, I'm not sure that will happen :(

That however will not stop me from dropping into Britmodellor a couple of times a week ;)

Cheers

• Like 1