1/72 - EE Canberra B.2/T.4 by S&M Models - released - B.6 in November 2018

Homebee

9 hours ago, Meatbox8 said:

Hi there.  Yes it is possible it was malformed.  I tried to sand it to something more realistic but was only partially successful,  Next time it gets an airing I'll try to post a pic. 

P.S. Your RB57 looks amazing.

Thanks, if you ever get a chance I'd be interested to see how it looks.

John 

48 minutes ago, canberra kid said:

Thanks, if you ever get a chance I'd be interested to see how it looks.

John 

I will.   The man cave also doubles as my office and it is in a right state at the moment so seriously needs a tidy.  A good excuse to dig it out.  No laughing at the quality of my modelling though!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Meatbox8 said:

I will.   The man cave also doubles as my office and it is in a right state at the moment so seriously needs a tidy.  A good excuse to dig it out.  No laughing at the quality of my modelling though!

I would never, the fact you finished it warrants respect! 

John

• Like 1

I don't find the Highplanes Canberra too much of a chore, just set a side a days' working time to clean up the moldings and and reduce the mating thicknesses of the wings etc, and make up strong joining stubs for the wings and tailplane.

Definitely worth the effort,and pays off with a fine looking Canberra.

This SM kit really needs to be accurate for it to set it apart from the rest.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, canberra kid said:

I would never, the fact you finished it warrants respect! 

John

Ha ha.  Well finished to a fashion, at least. 

• Like 1

A quick chat with Mel today. Production run will be 1,000 kits. 600 will be packaged as B2s, 400 as T4s. It is possible that some commonality of sprue will be in the final package, in which case they may all be boxed as both variants. Until the tooling is done, he won't know for sure.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

A quick chat with Mel today. Production run will be 1,000 kits. 600 will be packaged as B2s, 400 as T4s. It is possible that some commonality of sprue will be in the final package, in which case they may all be boxed as both variants. Until the tooling is done, he won't know for sure.

Thanks for the update.

IMO I would think that the B.2 would outsell the T.4 a little more than that 3:2 ratio.

Multiple packaging may be a good idea, but I'll leave that for Mel to decide.

Not to destract from Trainer schemes, however there's something about "Operational' squadrons that (I believe) would tend to appeal more to the mass market.

Cheers... Dave.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

IMO I would think that the B.2 would outsell the T.4 a little more than that 3:2 ratio.

Quite agree. 

• Like 2

Let's be honest - it's a goldfish bowl canopy Cranberry - it'll sell, irrespective of markings.

Looking forward to it.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
43 minutes ago, Procopius said:

Anyone going to Telford willing to pick one up for me and post to Yankeedom? I can pay in advance.

PC,

Hopefully you can order these directly from S & M's website as well.

I'll probably purchase one of these, however would like to see some further details of the kit beforehand.

Cheers.. Dave.

• Like 1

Not sure if Vince @ Modelsforsale will be stocking these, I bought a Provost & Sycamore from them, their prices were good for me they being VAT registered (it does make a difference) & their postage is pretty good too, much better than Hannants with no minimum order which makes it all less painful.

Steve.

Edited by stevehnz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rabbit Leader said:

PC,

Hopefully you can order these directly from S & M's website as well.

I'll probably purchase one of these, however would like to see some further details of the kit beforehand.

Cheers.. Dave.

I've tried to order from their site before, with no success. I can always do Hannants, but The Yellow God demands much from me.

£35 is a reasonable price for a 1/72 Canberra, more so for a short run kit. IIRC the High Planes kit wasn't much cheaper here in Europe, I have vague memories of prices in the €35-40 brackets. If the Euro remains as strong as it's now by the time of the kit release, I may get a couple instead of one..

• Like 1

£35 isn't bad considering Mal is a small, one man business who has to front up a hell of a lot of money for decals, designing, injection moulding, boxing etc... and then try and make a profit.

If I can grab one I will, but I won't mind if one slips through my net..

6 hours ago, The Wooksta! said:

Ditto for me.  Hopefully, He'll have a few left at Telford.

When I spoke to Mel at Farnborough he reckoned he'd have them in time for Telford, not much before then so you should be in luck!

The kit has 5 sprues, including the clear one. 3 sets have been produced already, and Mel has seen the photos. He should have everything delivered before the end of the month, that will give him two weeks to box everything up for Telford.

I mentioned the website is unfriendly for overseas sales. He said it's designed that way because of the vagaries of overseas postage rates. Overseas orders can be had by contacting him direct. I have his email if you get problems.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

I mentioned the website is unfriendly for overseas sales. He said it's designed that way because of the vagaries of overseas postage rates. Overseas orders can be had by contacting him direct. I have his email if you get problems.

"Designed to be unfreindly to Overseas customers??" - In one sence I can understand this, however it may be wise to also consider the vast potential of the International market. The old Cannberra was a fairly export freindly aircarft, so there's a good chance that many orders may be filled outside of the UK.

Thanks for the update Bentwaters. I might just send Mel an email to enquire about one of these and possibly a Provost as well.

Cheers.. Dave