1/72 - EE Canberra B.2/T.4 by S&M Models - released - B.6 in November 2018

Homebee

1 minute ago, Rabbit Leader said:

"Designed to be unfreindly to Overseas customers??" - In one sence I can understand this, however it may be wise to also consider the vast potential of the International market. The old Cannberra was a fairly export freindly aircarft, so there's a good chance that many orders may be filled outside of the UK.

Thanks for the update Bentwaters. I might just send Mel an email to enquire about one of these and possibly a Provost as well.

Cheers.. Dave

He's getting short on Provosts. His last one with foreign operators decals went today. He explained in more detail about the overseas postage arrangement.

I think if he informed overseas customers how to circumvent the anomaly with a note on his website, it would be helpful. The email in his contact details sometimes doesn't get a response. I have his private one.

Hannants carry the S&M range & might be worth checking out too. Modelsforsale that I linked to above has the international Provost in stock still, cheaper than the big H both on price and postage in my experience.

Steve.

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...

That looks quite neat.

I sure like the way the canopy is moulded integral to the upper nose fuselage in order to make this area virtually blemish free - well thought out S & M.

There's enough pieces here to keep everyone happy, however provision to have an open bomb bay and underwing flaps would have been a real bonus.

I'm not complaining though, as a new tool fish bowl Canberra made to this standard is high up there on many modellers 'wants' lists - especially mine.

Cheers and I cannot wait to get hold of one..... Dave  

5 minutes ago, 71chally said:

Looking good, even through the 'squashed' images.

So that’s how those people at Hasegawa and Meng come up with their ‘Egg model’ instructions! 

Cheers.. Dave

• Haha 1

JOIN THE WAITLIST TO BE EMAILED WHEN THIS PRODUCT BECOMES AVAILABLE

- SMK72-39 - http://sandmmodels.co.uk/product/british-canberra-t4-172-scale/

- SMK72-40 - http://sandmmodels.co.uk/product/british-canberra-b2-172-scale/

Deep pockets required.

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

Spoke to Mel this afternoon. Micro Mir have let him down, he was promised the Canberra by special courier for Saturday morning, but has been told they will not be here. He is most upset, hoping to have 5 new models for Telford, and none have arrived. Expected launch is now Islington show.

20 hours ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

Spoke to Mel this afternoon. Micro Mir have let him down, he was promised the Canberra by special courier for Saturday morning, but has been told they will not be here. He is most upset, hoping to have 5 new models for Telford, and none have arrived. Expected launch is now Islington show.

I hope he doesn't take them to Islington on 3rd December - the show's moving to Chalk Farm this year!

1 hour ago, Richard Humm said:

I hope he doesn't take them to Islington on 3rd December - the show's moving to Chalk Farm this year!

Don,t worry, Mel knows where to go.

There was a problem with the upper wing mould, so MM made a new one. Under pressure, it cracked, so a third is being made. Mel had the other sprues to view today, and says the kits will be available Dec. 1st.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Source: http://sandmmodels.co.uk/misc-news/camberra-update/

Camberra Update

S&M Models apologies to our customers for the delay in releasing the Canberra kits.

However,  S&M Models are pleased to report that the engineering issue has been resolved and the pictures show the further 2 frames of the kit. S&M Models have been assured the kits will be with us in time for the London Model Show.

Hopefully, the text shots displayed at Telford and Middle Wallop have provided a taste of the New kit.

Many thanks for your patience and support

camberra4

camberra3

V.P.

Saw the test shots at Middle Wallop. The parts look very nice. Unusual way the fuselage halves have been tooled. Due, apparently, to some moulding issues I'm told by Mel.

5 hours ago, Paul J said:

Saw the test shots at Middle Wallop. The parts look very nice. Unusual way the fuselage halves have been tooled. Due, apparently, to some moulding issues I'm told by Mel.

Paul I suggest, the canopy idea was borrowed from the way I designed the replacement canopy for the 1/48 Airfix kit all those years ago, when I owned Alley Cat. (I am almost 99.99% sure of that)

Oh well it does make me feel good and proud in a way, as this is not the first time that one of my old product range has been used as a base for new kits and or conversions, even in the age of 3D CAD and other new developments it is being innovative that really counts. (others may feel differently but as they say the creator always knows his marks or DNA)

I am very curious to see what the experts say, and when the kit is to hand as well as that will also then settle some other little niggles in my mind.

Ali

Edited by Ali62
more information
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ali62 said:

I am very curious to see what the experts say, and when the kit is to hand as well as that will also then settle some other little niggles in my mind.

Ali

Me too, although I'll be at a disadvantage as I won't be getting my mits on one so I can only observe from afar, although I did get to look over the test shots at Telford how representative they are of the production kit I don't know, all I can say from I have seen is, oh, so close! 

John

• Like 1