1/48 - Hawker Tempest by Eduard - 2016 release?

JBr

If I can fill the rivet holes in the Dragon Mustang wing these shouldn't present too much of a problem whatever size they are, I'll just paint them with Mr Surfacer 500 and then sand it down .  

Like Blitz 23 I would like to know the release date as I always seem to miss the overtrees. I signed up for the Eduard newsletter some time ago but so far have not received anything.

I made a habit to visit https://www.eduard.com/info-eduard/

once a month. Like their Overtrees too 😎 

Alternatively there is a thread here for the Info Eduard which you can subscribe to, and don't miss it anymore.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Although it doesn't fit with my collection - I have got to get one of these..  The Tempest MkV and the Airfix Spitfire MkXIV....

I was totting up my wish list - I now need to lotto win and that's just for the single engined fighter types....

• Like 1

2 hours ago, airbus320 said:

I saw a Facebook post yesterday showing the sprues for the Tempest at e-day this weekend. The surface detail looked amazing! Very much looking forward to this one! If I could only find the link I would share it with you all...🙄

Chris

Here's the link https://imgur.com/a/lHkDfRK

• Thanks 5

You, sir, are a gentleman! Thanks for the link!

Interestingly enough it looks like the kit is tooled as a straight Mk.V. For the Mk.II it will need entirely new wings and fuselage, great if they choose to do it that way as it means less gaps to fill which is the curse of modular kits. If not then I’ll be hacking my old tool kits up accordingly!

Chris

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, airbus320 said:

You, sir, are a gentleman! Thanks for the link!

Interestingly enough it looks like the kit is tooled as a straight Mk.V. For the Mk.II it will need entirely new wings and fuselage, great if they choose to do it that way as it means less gaps to fill which is the curse of modular kits. If not then I’ll be hacking my old tool kits up accordingly!

Chris

That's one of the things I like about Eduard they don't really do modular kits anymore their Spitfire wings being a good example.

Looks as though both Series I and II Mk. V Tempests can be built OOB which is great news for those wanting to build Roland Beaumont’s kite or all those full D-Day stripes No.3 Squadron JF codes birds. Looks like different wheel hubs are also included which shows Eduard have done their research very well. I normally build 1/72, however I might have to get this one as I can now build JF-K which are my sons intials - he’s been begging me to do this for years. 

Cheers. Dave 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Looks as though both Series I and II Mk. V Tenpests can be built OOB which is great news for those wanting to build Roland Beaumont’s kite or all those full D-Day stripes No.3 Squadron JF codes birds. Looks like different wheel hubs are also included which shows Eduard have done their research very well. I normally build 1/72, however I might have to get this one as I can now build JF-K which are my sons intials - he’s been begging me to do this for years. 

Cheers. Dave 

They would need a new fuselage with tail fishplates and wing spar bumps for a series 1, but they seem to be into tooling up separate main parts so quite possible.

• Like 1

That looks a world away from their previous Tempest kit. I hope the fuselage dimensions are correct for this one. Been trying hard to resist the 32nd scale Special Hobby kit so this one will help that.

PM to Patrice (TEMPESTMK5): franchement le 1/72e on s'en fout ! Et aussi parce que la répétition de tes messages "et ce serait bien au 1/72e" ça lasse en plus d'être totalement inintéressant. Est-ce que je passe ma vie à polluer les infos sur les nouveaux modèles au 1/72e en demandant leur élargissement au 1/48e? Non. Alors si, à l'avenir, tu pouvais t'abstenir...

Now, more seriously, a first visual and video overview.

Source: https://www.detailscaleview.com/2018/10/eduard-tempest-overview-82120.html

_MG_0301.JPG

_MG_0297.JPG

_MG_0300.JPG

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Good morning V P

First of all I think you could have sent me a mp to explain to me how much you liked 1/72 but as you preferred to write it directly I think that the 1/72 Brittmodellers will appreciate your comments so here is a quick translation :

Patrice (TEMPESTMK5), frankly, the 1/72 we do not care! And also because the repetition of your messages "and it would be 1 / 72nd", it tired in addition to being totally uninteresting. Do I spend my life polluting the news on the new models to 1 / 72e by requesting their enlargement to 1 / 48th? No. So if in the future you could abstain ...

All scales are equal ..

Best regards 

Patrice

I'm a assumed quarter scale post WWII a/c modeller but in my Rumourmonger "role" all scales and periods are treated fairly. I just find really boring as uninteresting those repeating thread after thread "I would have preferred to have it in x scale". And you are among those whiny complainers and famous for. Though - for the first and most probably the last time - my unusual as open over-reaction.

No, by their very nature all scales are not equal.😛

Now let's go back to the thread subject: the future Eduard 1/48th Hawker Tempest kit.

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 3

I'll be picking up at least two of these initially, probably a few more further down the line as well.

I've been looking forward to this kit as my signature suggests...but have they hinted at a release date yet?

On 10/2/2018 at 1:15 PM, AeroNautique said:

have they hinted at a release date yet?

It should be first available on Telford SCALE MODELWORLD 2018 -10th November. On shelves in December.

Series 1 first, series 2 April 2019 (pure speculation), Mk.II end of 2019 - sold under Special Hobby brand, mid 2020 Eduard boxing.

• Thanks 2