British Bike Models?

acting_strange

No, not really. You have trawl the internet for old Matchbox, Revell, Airfix kits.

Got an old Matchbox 1/12 Vincent recently, goodness knows how old it is, the transfer sheet looks like one of the Dead Sea scrolls.

The matchbox HRD Vincent was released sometime around the late '70s to early '80s along with a BMW flat twin and Revell released the Vincent sometime in the later '90s I think.

As far as good ole british bikes go I think Heller might be releasing 1/8 Norton Comando because on their stand at the Nuremburg show was the cut out box top of commando artwork. I certainly hope so because it should tame down some of these £100 prices on Ebay.

• Like 1

hoooowdy :bye:

Heller indeed are releasing the Norton again.

As for british bikes still available its a big fat nooooooooo

You can still find old Airfix, Matchbox and the like on t interweb, but at mostly ridiculous prices.

Theres actually been a fair number of british bike kits that have been made over the years, but sadly almost all of them are now either very hard to find or

commanding stupid prices when they do come up for sale.

Great pity really

steve

• Like 1

I raced a 360 Bultaco at scrambles in the late '60s in the East Midlands. The link to the Norton pictures is below.

http://www.ipmsdeutschland.de/Ausstellungen/Nuernberg2015/Bilder_AE/Glow2b_03.htm

That R60/5 Beemer looks nice too, got a soft spot for the old BM's.

I raced a 360 Bultaco at scrambles in the late '60s in the East Midlands. The link to the Norton pictures is below.

http://www.ipmsdeutschland.de/Ausstellungen/Nuernberg2015/Bilder_AE/Glow2b_03.htm

I had a Montessa 250 Trials racer from the early 60s. Montessa bikes were pretty rare in the US, but Bultaco had a big presence.

Esci did a very good Triumph 3HW in 1/9th scale also sadly out of production. Although most of the kits to be found are of the military version, they also released a 3H civvy kit. Expect to part with £50+ on eBay.

Also don't forget Gunze Sangyo's 1/12 BSA Gold Star. Not an easy build but looks great when all the dust has settled. I think that's just been re-released. Also expensive but that's the norm these days.

Revell/Italeri released the 1/9th ex Protar Manx Norton, AJS 7R and Matchless G50. None are up to modern standards but can be made to look good with a lot of work. I always wish that Tamiya would release a Classic Series like their car range.

I'd love to see the afore mentioned in 1/12th, also a KTT Velo, Matchless G45, etc., etc., but I wouldn't hold my breath...................................

Dave

Okay Guys

This is what I have on my database.

Obviously, not THE definate list yet but im getting there.

Kits are displayed as name/ company /scale (names are as they appear on the kit box)

Ariel

- Arrow Kitmaster/Airfix 1/16th

- W/NG Solo Propoganda Kompany 72/48th

AJS

- 7R 350cc Protar 1/9th

BSA

- C15 Airfix 1/16th

- Gold Star Gunze Sangyo 1/12th

- Gold Star Clubman Gunze Sangyo 1/12th

- 61 Gold Star RAE models 1/9th

- 63 Gold Star RAE models 1/9th

- Gold Star SMTS 1/18th

- Grand Prix Pyro 1/16th

- Lightning Rocket Pyro 1/16th

- 750 Rocket III Sunny 1/25th

- M20 Tamiya 1/35th

- Lightning Rocket Lifelike 1/16th

BRITTEN

- V1000 Britten 1/12th (Made in NZ, moulds were apparently destroyed in the Quake)

GREEVES

-350 Challenger Protar 1/9th

JAMES

- ML 125 Propaganda Kompany 1/48th

- ML & RE Propoganda Kompany 1/72nd

MATCHLESS

- G50 500cc Protar 1/9th

- G3 Propoganda Kompany 72/48th

- G3 L/41 Propoganda Kompany 48th

NORTON

- 49 MANX 500cc Protar/Italeri/Revell 1/9th

- 54 MANX 500cc Protar 1/9th

- 750 Commando Protar 1/9th

- 750 Commando Sunny 1/24th

- 750 Commando Airfix 1/8th

- Commando Roadster Heller 1/8th

- 750 SS Airfix 1/8th

- Hi Rider Heller 1/8th

- 750 SS Heller 1/8th

Royal Enfield

- WD/RE Propoganda Kompany 1/48th

- WD/CO Propoganda Kompany 72/48th

Triumph

- Tiger 100 Lindberg 1/16th

- Tiger 100 Revell 1/8th

- Tiger T Classic Lindberg 1/16th

- Tiger 110 RAE Models 1/9th

- 3H Civilian ESCI 1/9th

- 3H Civilian Peashooter 1/35th

- 3HW ESCI 1/9th

- 3HW Revell 1/9th

- 3HW Bronco 1/35th

- 3HW Propoganda Kompany 48th

- 3HW Peashooter 1/35th

- 3HW (Matchless Forks) Peashooter 1/35th

- 3WH Italeri 1/9th

- Trophy RAE Models 1/9th

- 62 Bonneville RAE Models 1/9th

- 69 Bonneville SMTS 1/18th

- Fonz's Triumph MPC 1/8th

- Drag Bike Revell 1/8th

- Custom Show Bike Revell 1/8th

VINCENT

- 49 Black Shadow RAE Models 1/9th

- Black Shadow Series C Matchbox/Revell 1/12th

- '50 Black Shadow SMTS 1/18th

- '49 Black Shadow Finecast 1/8th

VELOCETTE

- '58 Venom RAE Models 1/9th

Edited by MAD STEVE

Great listing Steve, there are also various kittings of Welwyn Garden City's favourite export, the Excelsior Welbike paratroopers runabout.....Dragon do/did a 1/6 kit, Tamiya have a 1/35 in their paratroop figure set.....but TriStar have one with photoetch which looks more detailed.

If you fancied a 1/1 scale model, there is this..... http://www.welbikeuk.com/downloads/Full%20Page%20Replica%20Bike%20Advert.pdf

hoooowdy :bye:

Heller indeed are releasing the Norton again.

As for british bikes still available its a big fat nooooooooo

You can still find old Airfix, Matchbox and the like on t interweb, but at mostly ridiculous prices.

Theres actually been a fair number of british bike kits that have been made over the years, but sadly almost all of them are now either very hard to find or

commanding stupid prices when they do come up for sale.

Great pity really

steve

Exactly.

Great listing Steve, there are also various kittings of Welwyn Garden City's favourite export, the Excelsior Welbike paratroopers runabout.....Dragon do/did a 1/6 kit, Tamiya have a 1/35 in their paratroop figure set.....but TriStar have one with photoetch which looks more detailed.

If you fancied a 1/1 scale model, there is this..... http://www.welbikeuk.com/downloads/Full%20Page%20Replica%20Bike%20Advert.pdf

I do these kits....I built this from scratch :)https://www.dropbox.com/s/x15f69z5gfygh53/Lammy%201.jpg?dl=0

A while back at one of my LHS there were some old bike kits in the back. I picked up a Revell 1/12 Vincent Black Shawdow and talked myself out of the Norton Manx also there. (I was trying to be good!!) I went back the next day to get it (can't stay good forever!) and it had already been sold. Rats!!

• 2 weeks later...