1/72 S&M HS-748

aukebruins

Shell 748?

They used Ambassadors and Heron's etc. don't think a 748. Skyways Coach Air was the first user... did they make it to AMS?

Hey, it's a long time ago !

About Shell I remember the Ambassador and of course the G-159.

Not so sure about the HS-748 anymore ! :winkgrin:

Can't remember about Skyways.

I see what you mean about the website!

They were available at ScaleModelWorld in Telford last year. The kit looked very good indeed.

Picked one up at Sutton Coldfield last year. Quality is excellent, and much, much better than the old RugRat Resin 748, which I had, never started, and which is still somewhere in the stash, I think.

Coincidentally, I have some Skyways Coach Air decals by TwoSix that were specifically printed as an enlargement of the 1/144 decals for the RugRat model. My first ever flight was on G-ARMX from Lympne to Beauvais as a very excited 11yr old schoolboy, and that is the scheme I am going for.

Currently the 748 is awaiting its slot on the production line....

Peter

They were available at ScaleModelWorld in Telford last year. The kit looked very good indeed.

I bought one then, and I'll stick my neck out and say that the quality of the resin castings is on a par with the likes of Authentic Airliners IMHO.

Dave

It's a very nice piece of moulding. We are used to high quality moulding from CMR Casting and we are very pleased with the S+M effort - it's as good as CMR. . We at Red Roo had a few dozen - all sold in advance by pre-order complete with a nice Hawkeye decal sheet for those who didn't want a civil one.

http://www.aussiemodeller.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=8746

It's a very nice piece of moulding. We are used to high quality moulding from CMR Casting and we are very pleased with the S+M effort - it's as good as CMR. . We at Red Roo had a few dozen - all sold in advance by pre-order complete with a nice Hawkeye decal sheet for those who didn't want a civil one.

http://www.aussiemodeller.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=8746

Please let me know whenever you get them back in stock, or even better : Tell me where I can get one a bit closer to where I live. :thumbsup:

Can anyone help me finding a 1/72 S&M HS-748 ?

Used to see them in the early sixties at Schiphol airport (Amsterdam).

I remember Shell and BKS examples.

Auke Bruins

Dear Auke

I have spoken with Mel of S and M Models, he says he has not seen an email from you, so do please try again, or try and call him or send a text to his mobil number on his website.http://www.sandmmodels.co.uk/

You will see in other posts about the VC10 and others in the rumour section that I am doing some pattern making and design work for Mel, I do not have anything to do with sales or supply but would like to assist all parties where I am able to do so. Should you still be unsuccessful in a few days please send me a PM with your email address and I will try and take it further.

cheers Alistair

I think Mel really should make his web site more appealing though, when I click on his web link, I always feel that I am on the wrong web site with some smiling bloke looking back at me

kev67, That is being done almost as we speak S and M will have a new and revised website soon, I had made that comment under the rumour section but seeing you ask I will make it here as well.

Ali

• Like 1

S and M Models will (hopefully) be in attendance at the East of England Model show on Sunday 1st March.

As with most traders they can not carry all their stock to every show, so please contact them direct to pre order any items you require.

Located at the Voyager Academy School, Peterborough PE4 6HX. This is expected to be the largest one day model show held in the region this year. 16 traders and 31 clubs already booked.

Visit Peterborough Scale Model Club website to read the latest updated information.

www.peterboroughscalemodelclub.co.uk/default.php?page=53

• 3 weeks later...

Picked one up at Sutton Coldfield last year. Quality is excellent, and much, much better than the old RugRat Resin 748, which I had, never started, and which is still somewhere in the stash, I think.

Coincidentally, I have some Skyways Coach Air decals by TwoSix that were specifically printed as an enlargement of the 1/144 decals for the RugRat model. My first ever flight was on G-ARMX from Lympne to Beauvais as a very excited 11yr old schoolboy, and that is the scheme I am going for.

Currently the 748 is awaiting its slot on the production line....

Peter

You lucky devil Peter! When I saw the S&M HS748 kit at Telford, I told Mel I would have bought one if it had Skyways of London decals or as a Queens Flight Andover CC2, but with no option, I really didn't fancy doing it in Dan Air colours as per the decal sheet supplied. I wait in hope!

This is one project I'm very interested in. I've been looking for a 1/72 Hawker for some time. Saw the vac form one on ebay recently, hit over $300, to much for my blood. I worked on a couple at Air Manitoba when I was starting out in my mechanics apprenticeship was back in '94. I was going to modify a YS-11 into one.

Edited by busnproplinerfan