Eduard to retool 1/48 Fw 190

Vonbraun

According to IMPS Deutschland Eduard will retool their 1/48 scale Fw 190A. The revised edition will not have an engine or the open weapon panels. I'm not sure if this will be a new tool effort or a tweaking of the existing kit. Hopefully Eduard will address the accuracy issues with the new edition. Perhaps Eduard will address the issue in the next edition of their monthly webzine.

Outstanding news-simply outstanding, if they make new Anton family to their " golden" Spitfire standard there is no doubt that it will be a huge seller,

I have always been critical regarding Eduards omissions knowing they can do better, their Dora being true low point because they decided to implement all

mistakes made on Anton into a "new" tooling...if they truely tool new kit... :goodjob:

Now how about retooling Bf 110 and Emil few years down the road......

A simpler build would be welcome - it's a nice model already but is designed to have everything opened up - its a beggar to get everything closed and to sand and closed

The build, parts-breakdown and the number of parts are not a problem, just a challenge. The real problem are the messed up dimensions, mostly the cross sections. Not only for the 190s,the 109s and the 110s, we also hope for the I-16, the bf 108 and others.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Sorry Eduard, great big YAWN from me on this one.....the world already has more than enough 1/48 Fw 190s for this modeller's lifetime. Something different now required, please!

How about an accurate, current standard 1/48 Meteor or Vampire 'family'?

Edited by hopkp

Sorry Eduard, great big YAWN from me on this one.....the world already has more than enough 1/48 Fw 190s for this modeller's lifetime. Something different now required, please!

How about an accurate, current standard 1/48 Meteor or Vampire 'family'?

whatever big guy...

I'm with parabat on this one. If you aren't interested fine but others will be. If eduard do as they have with the spitfires then great. The old tooling was a cracker but it was tricky to say the least. I can only hope that they do an a3 a4 version as the hasegawa ones whilst good are now rare and pricy.