Hasegawa F-4N Phantom II VF-111 1/72

Hello, here is my F-4N Phantom from Hasegawa in 1/72 scale. It was build oob, only with new ejection seats from Aires.

It was intended as a relative fast and relaxing build but run into fit problems and proplems caused by me.

Had also some problems with the decals. The sundowner emblem on the nose gear door will be replaced when the second kit arrives.......

Played a bit with some Photo Bucket options, the pix were taken last July and the effects of the bright sun were a bit reduced. The weapon load is still incomplete.

Nothing fancy, i hope you like this one.

5931d0a6-e68e-4b5e-8967-8aa89c239704_zpsbd4f6109-4f98-46bd-a394-28b31f8a6a6c_zps

156ecf5c-b3fa-4d9a-8cfb-ab1894ebfe05_zps44f18b66-fa20-4e1b-81ed-4376b9c19701_zpsb21fcbbb-5a3b-4cf1-a27b-32928e3300b3_zpsdd217b6d-e7d2-424c-a86b-81b6c80fba3a_zps10b8c66f-5e81-48ae-a8fb-9f2dd970bbaf_zps

• Like 15

Hi Bernd,

next great Phantom! You are posting them faster than I can read. Find "Sundowner" and "Fighting Falcon" markings the most attractive for US Navy Phantoms. Have this kit, too, but used the decals for Monogram conversions. Have still a Microscale decal sheet with VF-51 Commanders aircraft. Hopefully it still works if I use it one fine day.

Have a nice evening again

Mario

• Like 1

Hi Bernd,

next great Phantom! You are posting them faster than I can read. Find "Sundowner" and "Fighting Falcon" markings the most attractive for US Navy Phantoms. Have this kit, too, but used the decals for Monogram conversions. Have still a Microscale decal sheet with VF-51 Commanders aircraft. Hopefully it still works if I use it one fine day.

Have a nice evening again

Mario

Hi Mario, thank you very much, and good luck with your F-4 projects. My next B/N will be in the markings of VF-84 ( yes boring but striking)

If you start your Hasegawa F-4 be care ful with the joint between the "main fuselage" and the "bow" ( its a navy bird ;-) )

And make sure to replace the pin to connect the elevators with a steel needle

Have a nice evening too, Saturday its Spook time :coolio:

• Like 1

Hi Mario, thank you very much, and good luck with your F-4 projects. My next B/N will be in the markings of VF-84 ( yes boring but striking)

If you start your Hasegawa F-4 be care ful with the joint between the "main fuselage" and the "bow" ( its a navy bird ;-) )

And make sure to replace the pin to connect the elevators with a steel needle

Have a nice evening too, Saturday its Spook time :coolio:

Thanks for the info. Have already built a Hasegawa F-4J in "Showtime 100" markings and posted it here. If I remember right, I glued the elevators with plastic cement before the painting. Made masking somewhat complicated, but I thought plastic cement would provide a better bond as I had my doubts regarding these thin plastic pins.

BTW: Also presented here a rescribed Italeri Phantom with homemade decals (one of my first posts at BM).

Looking forward to your next Jolly Rogers F4!

Cheers,

Mario

• Like 1

That's a great looking Phantom Bernd! Love the scheme and finish. Great job as always! Well done.

And don't forget to join the Achtung Panzer GB if you get time.........it would be great to see you there.

• Like 1

That's a great looking Phantom Bernd! Love the scheme and finish. Great job as always! Well done.

And don't forget to join the Achtung Panzer GB if you get time.........it would be great to see you there.

Thank you very much, Stix, i am glad you like it. This kit landed for some time in my doom box, after all, the needed extra work for recovering and finishing was rewarded.

Will join Achtung Panzer, being still unsure if i do the Sherman or the Famo, both in 1/72. Maybe both

• Like 1

Cracking Phantom! beautifully built and finished.

Thank you Steve. As said it was harder than thought, to get this Phinished. Glad you like it :-)

Thank you very much and yes, this squadron had really colorful markings, it will be a very nice display, along with my yet to be finished F-14.

If that ever will happen :whistle: