1/48 - Polikarpov I-16 by Ark Models (rebox + add ons) - release in 2015

Homebee

Ark Models is to rebox in 2015 it's 1/48th Polikarpov I-16 (http://www.ark-models.org/catalog.php?cid=10)with resin parts and or PE parts and turned metal parts.

Source: http://www.ark-models.org/news.php

- ref.AK48003 - Polikarpov I-16 Russian fighter. The kit includes resin parts.

The kit for an assembly of two models of the Polikarpov I-16 fighter on a scale of 1:48 includes plastic parts and resin parts (a cockpit interior, a tail, figures of an aviatrix and a technician).

AK48003-1004-687.jpg

ref.AK48006 - Polikarpov I-16 Russian fighter. The kit includes PE parts and turned metal parts.

The kit for an assembly of two models of the Polikarpov I-16 fighter on a scale of 1:48 includes plastic parts, photo-etched parts and turned metal parts (RS-82 rockets, a Pitot tube, ShKAS machine gun barrels and ShVAK cannon barrels).

AK48006-1004-686.jpg

phlg447_2198.png

phlg447_2199.jpg

phlg448_2190.png

phlg448_2191.jpg

phlg448_2192.png

phlg448_2193.png

phlg448_2194.png

phlg448_2195.png

phlg448_2196.png

phlg448_2197.png

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2

Quite nice on ARK's part to address the major cons of this fine kit - internal detail (lack thereof) and panels standing a bit too proud on the wings and fuselage. Some modellers say the shape is more accurate than the Eduard, pity about availability...

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

this looks great but two questions, is it now available and also why does it say "2 Kits" on the box, is it a two kits in one box package?

Subsidiary (if that's the right word?) question, is the model of a particular Type of I-16, the box does not say?

Type 10 and 17, according to the instructions, which you can download if you follow the link posted at the beginning of this thread.

Paul.

Hi Paul,

I followed both Ark links at the top of this thread and can see information on the models (historical info and a gallery of the model) but cannot see where you can d/l the instructions.

Still confused, there seems to be two boxings (is one boxing a Type 10 and the other a 17?) but one has less detail than the other, one just resin parts and the other PE and white metal, is that the way you read it?

Still not sure if there are two models in a box, or where it says 2 kits does it mean one kit with less details and one with more?

And of course there's where to actually buy it/them from :)

Pete

Small "i" just under the cross, right upper corner.

thanks I found it, or rather you found it!

Have downloaded it and will have a study, have seen ARK kits on Ebay before but no idea who if anyone is their stockist in the UK?

I've seen Hannants has a few, but far from the whole collection.

thanks Antoine, I'll try the website. Have noticed they seem to have upcoming kits with £TBA for the price so it may be in that category?