Tamiya 1/32 Spitfire mk IXc - First kit for 47 years...

TwoSheds

It fits! All the time I was working on the engine and frames, I was worrying that it might not fit - but it's a Tamiya, so of course it fits :D

Don't be too sure - I've no doubt that with a little bit of effort, I could have easily made it so it would never fit!!

Truly outstanding work!

Byron

Thanks again for the lovely words - they are much appreciated.

I've been trying to think of a way of painting the outside of the spit without getting paint on the engine and the only way I can think of is this:

20150817_211705_zpscji7m3j7.jpg

Do you think it will work? Any drawbacks that I have missed? The panels are just held with TT...

Edited by TwoSheds

Why wouldn't it work? Seems eminently sensible to me. Mind you, I have two left eyes when it comes to modelling.

• Like 1

Hiya

Wouldn't it be easier not to attach the motor until painting is completed and paint the cowlings separately? Thats how I've tackled mine.

Iain

Hi Iain,

My thinking is that if I have the motor in the cowlings there will inevitably be some spray paint getting in through the panel gaps, and if I paint the panels separately there will inevitably be some miss-match in term of colour or pattern... Perhaps I'm being over cautious but that's the way I am ;)

Thanks all for the encouragement, it really helps :)

This build may stall for a while now since I have a wee break coming up and a Tamiya 1/32 Mossie waiting in the wings - and I will surely HAVE to at least make a start on that. Luckily I have an excellent work-space so working on three models at the same time is not a problem.

TTFN,

Roger