P-51D Alabama Rammer Jammer

This is the Airfix 1/72 kit with the addition of Barracuda decals. Kit cost me under £3.50 including postage so I've probably added some value to it this time 😉. Very nice, fun little kit to build with great fit. Painted with Alclad 2 & Vallejo model air. Decals were great to work with despite the checkered nose decals taking over an hour to align as they were sized for the Tamiya kit! Still not sure how I got them something like but it's a tribute to their quality that they didn't fall apart. Just need to fabricate a rear view mirror at some point & then I'll add a few more pics.

image_1.jpg

image_4.jpg

• Like 17

Thanks for all the positive comments folks!

Not sure what's happened to the photo's as I've uploaded them to photo bucket but their resolution seems pretty poor, not changed any settings either. Don't think its very IPad friendly as the pictures were also a pain to copy & paste over....

Cheers!

David

Not sure what's happened to the photo's as I've uploaded them to photo bucket but their resolution seems pretty poor, not changed any settings either. Don't think its very IPad friendly as the pictures were also a pain to copy & paste over....

Cheers!

David

David "there's an app for that". Not sure this link will work but you can search the AppStore https://appsto.re/gb/GIFVs.i

The App is iPhone only (I use it to upload all the time from my phone) but should work on the iPad too.

P.s. Great build! Where did you get the kit so cheap?

Very nice indeed - i've just bought one of these Airfix Mustangs and if mine comes out half as well as this i'll be pleased. I've always liked the 353FG's yellow & black checkerboard markings and this is a lovely rendition.

• Like 1

Thanks again chaps!

I did struggle a bit matching the spinner yellow to checkerboard yellow, not sure it's perfect but close enough to keep me happy. Also I noticed in a photograph of another 353FG mustang that the checkerboard continued on the inside of the nose intake below the spinner so I hand painted those too. Maybe a little OTT but I like the effect.