Tunisian Northop F5

Honestly am started , slowly getting there been caught up in a lot of personal stuff but will get back into the grove soon ,

Obligatory sprue shot to start

12D6206E-A666-41FF-8280-969A9CFC5772.jpg

This is what it should look like once done ,

BCA05280-0808-4F30-A4C2-EAE6E97938C2.jpg

• Like 3

Great choice of aircraft ( F-5's are right up there with F-4's and Mig-21's as far as I'm concerned) and a great choice of markings.

That camo is unique to Tunisia as far as I know.

I have long been searching for some photos of the ex JASDF Sabres that Tunisia used, I believe they were camouflaged too.

Good luck with your build.

Craig.

• Like 1

Oh... this will be a rarity too. Looking forward for it.

BTW...

I have long been searching for some photos of the ex JASDF Sabres that Tunisia used, I believe they were camouflaged too.

Plz check with Diego from Hi-Decal: he recently made a sheet with painting instructions and markings for them.

• Like 2

Oh... this will be a rarity too. Looking forward for it.

BTW...

Plz check with Diego from Hi-Decal: he recently made a sheet with painting instructions and markings for them.

Hi Tom,

Unfortunately Tunisia isn't on that sheet, it seems like there are some really good ones (Ethiopia and Iran in camo!!) so will definitely have to invest in a set.

Craig.

• Like 1

Hi Tom,

Unfortunately Tunisia isn't on that sheet, it seems like there are some really good ones (Ethiopia and Iran in camo!!) so will definitely have to invest in a set.

Craig.

Oh, I see. Then it's so that he dropped them from that sheet: I know he asked me for references (I've had none) for Tunisian Sabres.

• Like 1

Great choice, these are some of my favourite F-5s ever, the Tunisian camo scheme is unusual but IMHO good looking. Just beware, I believe that the grey in the picture posted is a bit washed out, it should be richer and darker, or at least it was at delivery.

Another thing to watch out for is the radome, I believe all Tunisian F-5s have the later duck-nose and the extended LERX

• Like 1

Wow! Now that I see with the masking off and the paint on, it's an even more complex scheme than I thought. Bit of touchup on the starboard wing, maybe, but other than that, it looks like you did a perfect masking job! Well done!

• Like 1