1/32 - Dassault Mirage IIIC by Italeri - released - Mirage IIIB conversion set by Scaleworx

Homebee

Aye flaming knew it

Just got all the bits and started cutting up a Revell 1/32 to do a 111C

Ok I'll take money from anyone wanting a particular model that does not exist. I'll start a conversion and that's guaranteed you will get it an injected kit of it from a mainstream manufacturer that will arrive from nowhere!!!!!!!!!

Still on the bright side it saves me a shed load of work. I might have just been finishing the thing

As Charlie says about time too

I'll believe it when it's on the shop shelves.

Italeri have unveiled "box art" for kits that have subsequently never materialized, possibly to test the waters for interest.

they did similar with the AMX Ghibli in 1/48 a few years ago and around ten years ago they did it with a maritime patrol version of the ATR-72 in 1/144. ultimately, neither of those kits materialized.

Well hopefully the fact that it would appeal to modellers as a combat-tested IDF version, and to Cold War aircraft modellers as a French version , will generate enough interest for Italeri -don't know how they would work it out though? Seems popular enough in 1/48 with the Eduard kit.

ts a logical expansion , after the 104 , what other Jet had wider usage than the Mirage , and even in 1/32 , its still a fairly compact model , I can imagine that when IDF versions become available then its going to be a huge seller..

As some one who works in 32 exclusively , this is a really great day!

• Like 1

I'll believe it when it's on the shop shelves.

Italeri have unveiled "box art" for kits that have subsequently never materialized, possibly to test the waters for interest.

they did similar with the AMX Ghibli in 1/48 a few years ago and around ten years ago they did it with a maritime patrol version of the ATR-72 in 1/144. ultimately, neither of those kits materialized.

There have been covers for an Italeri AMX in several scales over the years. However a lot depends on where you've seen these covers appearing, Internet rumours can sometime spread very fast and not all websites are as diligent as they should in checking their sources... or better, some people surf the web searching for news, post them pretending to know all about them and then realize that maybe they should have read the original source better... B)

P.S. If you're interested in the originals of such covers, let me know and I'll put you in touch with the artists.. one day they may be more valuable than some of Warhol's works ! :lol:

Edited by Giorgio N

While any new 1/32 Mirage III is welcome, I wish I could understand why kit manufacturers are apparently fixated on the least widely-used variant, the IIIC, rather than the much more widely-exported IIIE 'family'. To me, that would be the logical choice, as it lends itself to much more interesting colour schemes.....

Maybe if the IIIC sells well, we might eventually get a 1/32 IIIE (though we had to wait literally decades for Kinetic to oblige in 1/48 after Eduard inexplicably also started - and finished - with the IIIC).

Edited by hopkp

Interesting posts

So do I press on with my "effort" at a 111C or sit tight and wait. Odd that a company announces a product at a trade fair and does not follow through even with competition in the wings.

What do you all say chaps? - its pending the French Fancy GB at present

Sounds like this Italeri Mirage has killed the Kitty Hawk one...

http://forum.largescaleplanes.com/index.php?showtopic=54634&p=647654

Andrew

Yes, confirmed in the Kitty Wok Facebook :

https://www.facebook.com/736521713066784/photos/a.736556396396649.1073741827.736521713066784/871035606282060/?type=1&theater

V.P.

Edited by Homebee

Just wondering if a IIIE could follow. Not being a Mirage officianado, but apart from the shorter nose and different 'hot' end, could Italeri engineer an E from some common parts, or would a whole new fuselage be needed?

As to why a C, I suppose it's because the IAF used it.

Trevor

While any new 1/32 Mirage III is welcome, I wish I could understand why kit manufacturers are apparently fixated on the least widely-used variant, the IIIC, rather than the much more widely-exported IIIE 'family'. To me, that would be the logical choice, as it lends itself to much more interesting colour schemes.....

Maybe if the IIIC sells well, we might eventually get a 1/32 IIIE (though we had to wait literally decades for Kinetic to oblige in 1/48 after Eduard inexplicably also started - and finished - with the IIIC).

The Revell kit was and still is an E.

The C was made more famous by the Israeli Air Force. They used the C variant with great success in two wars.

The C was made more famous by the Israeli Air Force. They used the C variant with great success in two wars.

But it's less widely used than the IIIE version, they'd get a lot more mileage from one of those.

But it's less widely used than the IIIE version, they'd get a lot more mileage from one of those.

They'll likely get most mileage by issuing a IIIC and then a IIIE/5. I seriously doubt this will be a one mark edition.

I'm just so very happy to see this on the horizon. So seriously overdue.

Tony

A Mirarge III in 1/32 is very welcome After their F-104 effort however in this scale which was "so-so" at best and massively overpriced, I will want to look at one of these before I splash out again unseen.

Just wish it had been Academy that did it to the same standard as their F-18 series!

Gary

• Like 1

I guess price point will be similar to the recent 1/32 F-104? And I guess sales of the 1/32 F-104A/C variant would give Italeri a general idea, of likely sales of a relatively limited range of users 1/32 jet, as the IIIC is? Be good to see more details about the kit beyond the single image....

@Max, total new fuselage required

@Hopkp Mirage IIIC equals IDF markings and beautiful natural metal birds

IIIC in Israeli camo or French AF natural metal, versus IIIE in a broad range of schemes from air forces worldwide - no contest in my view, IIIE wins hands down every time!

Still, each to their own, but I know where my money will be going, to the 1/32 Kinetic IIIE that I gather has just been announced.....