Thanks chaps,

Hatch time, the section commanders hatch details, the hatch holding open clamp fitted, used some carbon fibre

antenna section as the handle. The damper is damaged in the kit so will need to be sorted with plastic card and rod.

CIMG4395_zpsdqpgfwkt.jpg

CIMG4392_zpsbtxakyzo.jpg

CIMG4393_zpsspa8ag9l.jpg

CIMG4394_zpsvzv1ni9a.jpg

CIMG4396_zpskncvpwaf.jpg

CIMG4397_zps6g8tib3k.jpg

And the drivers hatch, added the damper to the side.

CIMG4398_zps2bot80i8.jpg

CIMG4399_zpsamapsozd.jpg

More to follow later.

Cheers

Dan

• Like 6

I think I'm a bit funny as I quite enjoy the sheer mindlessness of the track assembly. I usually sit myself down in front of the telly with a 0.4 drill, wire cutter, metal file and CY dipper to do the assembly, then allow my fingers a day or two to recover :)

• Like 2

Clansman BAE, Base Antenna Element, VHF or antenna pot as we called them.

I've added the antenna holder from plastic rod, drilled out the centre so that I can add a Carbon Fibre Antenna (2M Whip)

and added the wing nut clamp.

Bronco wingnuts, nice little items.

CIMG4414_zpstnw2xrrs.jpg

CIMG4417_zpsuzn8kydk.jpg

CIMG4418_zpsfg7uibze.jpg

CIMG4416_zps3qtllw5b.jpg

Enjoy

Dan

• Like 7

Great work Dan and thanks for showing us your extra parts, that's my Chieftan side plates fixing bolts sorted and I have a job for the wing nuts .

They are exactly what I used for the side skirts on the Chieftain mate, glade the pictures of the bits n bobs I use are a help :-)

• Like 1

Just got to find the suppliers Dan, it's proving difficult and when I find one there is no stock!

I've found some listed on Ebay - just search for "Bronco 1/35 wing nuts" and select UK only.

HTH

Edited by Richard E
  • Like 1

Not much going on at the moment, more track done and now the clean up of the running gear.

Work is really getting in the way of the build at the moment so I apologise for the slow updates.

One problem I have found is the Fruil tracks have a different pitch to the AA Spartan sprockets, these will

need modifying to fit correctly, no biggie but a pain. Still they were made for the AFV club Scimitar/Scorpion.

Road wheels are now glued and any marks filled using Mr Dissolved Putty.

CIMG4422_zpsmcspzl3b.jpg

CIMG4420_zpsfo1qc1un.jpg

CIMG4419_zpsxusmsq2a.jpg

Swing Arms filled.

CIMG4421_zpsgeglcrya.jpg

More hopefully later

Dan

• Like 4

Is there a difference between the Spartan and Scimitar/Scorpion tracks then?

I remember having a problem getting them to fit on my Scimitar 2 but I solved it simply by chopping off the sprocket tabs which didn't match the track holes - its very difficult to see them anyway once the tracks are on.

• Like 1