Need proper colors for the KI-100

Spitfires Forever

Hopefully there isn't a massive thread on this that I haven't been able to find, but

I use MM enamels so would like to know if the Nakajima IJA or equivalents are available.

I need to know the proper green, grey and interior colors. Did they use the metallic blue-green for the interior? I am sure Nick would know, but there are a few others who might know too. I haven't built a Japanese aircraft in quite a while, and that was Sakai's Zero in IJN greenish grey, so I am going to break into it with the flawed but inexpensive Otaki KI-100. I figure a closed canopy with a Tamiya pilot figure should work.

Cheers

Hi, Nick,

The Cosford example I have never seen in person, but in the pictures in the book by Mikesh, the Green in which it was painted in doesn´t look an olive drab but more of a medium green, with only a little olive. But they are only "printed pictures"...

Finally, a good colour to mimick the richer WWII Olive drab (not the modern 34087/34088) is IMHO WEM ANA613; another could be MM 34086. Have you ever checked those?

Yours,

FErnando

Edited by Fernando