Wessex colors, once more…

nexus11

Dear friends of glued plastics…

I know there are some threads concerning this topic, but I don't find my question answered in a way I'm able to understand.

I've got a Wesex HAS-3 and a HU.5 in my bench but can't figure out the correct acrylic colors. Otherwise I could buy from the xtracolor range, but I can't stand the smell of enamels.

It would be great to find the matching cold-numbers from Tamiya, Vallejo or Revell.

It's the later look with Gloss Red BS381 C:538 and RAF blue-grey, as far I know.

The HAS.3 is planned to be the famous XP142 from HMS Antrim, but in the older, blue and yellow scheme.

Is this blue also RAF blue-grey? On pictures it does not look like that from the HU.5… have a look here.

And the yellow color, ist is Rescue-Yellow?

I'm completely lost, my questions in german modeler-forums are all unanswered.

Hi nexus

Yes the HAS3 will also be RAF Blue Grey, which does seem to vary considerably depending on light conditions. I'm afraid there is no acrylic match that I'm aware of although I have mixed PRU blue with Gloss SeA Blue and got a reasonable match. If you want enamel paint Xtracolour do a match.

Edit see my build below for my version of RAF B/G !!!

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/49387-sea-king-has2-820-nas/

Edited by Pat C
  • Like 1

Dear friends of glued plastics…
I know there are some threads concerning this topic, but I don't find my question answered in a way I'm able to understand.
I've got a Wesex HAS-3 and a HU.5 in my bench but can't figure out the correct acrylic colors. Otherwise I could buy from the xtracolor range, but I can't stand the smell of enamels.
It would be great to find the matching cold-numbers from Tamiya, Vallejo or Revell.
It's the later look with Gloss Red BS381 C:538 and RAF blue-grey, as far I know.
The HAS.3 is planned to be the famous XP142 from HMS Antrim, but in the older, blue and yellow scheme.
Is this blue also RAF blue-grey? On pictures it does not look like that from the HU.5… have a look here.
And the yellow color, ist is Rescue-Yellow?
I'm completely lost, my questions in german modeler-forums are all unanswered.

Hi Nexus 11

The yellow is most likely Golden yellow BSC381-356, I am getting some RAF Blue/grey mixed to the BSC spec in a two pack WATER BORNE acrylic this stuff is new to the motor industry but even though its activated its a none solvent type, if it works ok I may start selling it as its water based. other wise you will have to try Pat C's suggestion and mix it yourself,

Regards Robin

Scalewarship ltd

• Like 2

• 1 year later...