1/32 Spitfire Mk VIII

This is the Pacific Coast Models Spitfire IXe converted to a Mk VIII. The tall tail is provided in the kit, new tail wheel bay and doors were scratch built, outer guns drilled out, canon and blisters as appropriate which were also provided in the kit. A very nice kit, lots of etch, and resin with finely engraved panel work on airframe. The aircraft depicted is "Avagrog", A58-526 from 79 Squadron RAAF. Morotai 1945. Hope you enjoy it.

IMG_0210.jpg

IMG_0213.jpg

IMG_0212.jpg

IMG_0218.jpg

IMG_0220.jpg

IMG_0221.jpg

• Like 26

And I thought the one I built using Hasegawa's 1/72 Spitfire VIII was good (Link below) Superb finish and the weathering is spot on. Did you use the salt weather technique on the white leading edges?

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=260961&st=0&p=2474519&hl=spitfire&fromsearch=1entry2474519

HI Tempestwulf. Thanks for your comments. Your 1/72 build is very nice too. It could pass for a 1/32 kit. Beautifully done. I used the sponge and liquid mask method for the trailing edges. Worked a treat. I haven't used the salt method yet, one day. Is that how you did yours?

• Like 1

WOW !

My favourite mark Spit, in Aussie markings, with a beer swilling sheila (thats slang for a great gal), beautifully modelled and presented on Australia Day.

Almost makes this cynic patriotic.

Wonderful stuff Mr Barnes.

• Like 1