Pocher Fiat 130 HP - back from the dead...

Roy have you ever thought of going into classic car restoration, you would be very well suited there.

I used to work for a classic car shop a for a few years after leaving school and alot of the stuff we did could is very similar to what you do just in a 1:1 scale

Shaun

Hi Roy.

Your builds never cease to amaze me, this is destined to turn into another masterpiece.

The one thing that worries me is the fact that the more I look at it, the more I am tempted by another Pocher kit. After me declaring that I would never entertain one!! Still, funds are definitely stopping me from doing this foolish thing, so I will have to be content with making a start on the Heller Citroen some time in the near future.

Regards,

Larry.

Hello Larry...

Sorry if I'm tempting you toward another Pocher, but YES....!!! Get one!

Your Rolls build was inspirational. You just CAN'T stop there!

Search out an old 'barn find' like my Fiat - £25. That's all it cost me.

It's great fun taking it all apart, and 'resurrecting' something from the dead.

100 times more fun than building a 1/12 Tamiya, and a quarter the cost.

Actually, about the same cost as your average 1/24 Revell car !

That aside, the other half of me says PLEASE start on the big Citroen.....

That one is firmly on my 'to-do' list.

As an extra, here's the engine so far...

Roy.

P1010048_zps37172d41.jpg

P1010047_zps4eb0bf69.jpg

Edited by roymattblack

The wine goblet is an essential piece of (my) model making equipment.

Ideally, it is normally well topped-up with Chardonnay.

My current 'problem' is that I'm not sure what colour the firewall surround is meant to be.

The kit shows it painted silver, as do most built models on Google.

However, 'history' says it was body coloured - dark red.

I'm inclined to make mine a bit of a mix of history and current restoration, but is the firewall outer silver paint, or polished metal?

If paint, I'll paint it.

If metal, out comes the BMF...

Roy.

I'll have to try the chardonnay method to get results like you - if I survive the starching we're getting now...

About the firewall flange; I'd do BMF rubbed lightly with 0000 steel wool to tone it down.

Me? Like my Roller (which the 1:1 was an ally casting); a coat of gloss black / a mist or two of Alclad / silver Rub 'n Buff on edges and thin soupy black wash in the crevices. Then the BMF flange.

But you surely don't need my input.

EDIT: Upon further review; maybe just body color with some washes.

Edited by Codger

For those following - a bit on the floor and firewall.

The kit parts were very badly damaged so it seemed logical to make a real wood floor panel for both parts.

The plastic bits were cut away, edge strips trimmed, cleaned up and BMF'd.

Bolt holes were drilled through and steel dressmakers pins cut down and glued in.

The wood is Beech, from a cheapo set of wood window blinds.

I buy them frequently as they are a great source of thin, cheap wood.

Roy.

P1010052_zpsc6776b4b.jpg

P1010054_zps5eebd95e.jpg

P1010055_zpsf5519472.jpg

P1010056_zpsae2f60a6.jpg

P1010057_zps00bb8f74.jpg

Edited by roymattblack

Your work on the firewall and floor is just out of this world good.

One day when you are no longer with us (without trying to sound morbid) most if not all of you models will be in a museum somewhere with book of all the build threads they can find just to help us lesser gifted modellers

Shaun

You guys are seriously generous with your comments - Shaun - I think yours is too... (?)

I've sorted the seats and body 'box'.

I didn't leather the seats as I'm trying hard to go with what is there. Admittedly, I added real wood on the floor etc, but the original parts were broken beyond sensible repair so a new floor was needed anyway.

Also, the seats are quite nicely moulded so a quick squirt of satin black, a dusting of Tamiya rubber black and some polishing in places worked quite well.

Transmission was fitted under the car - after changing the mounting holes, trimming the gear box edges and repositioning the fixings - the kit was WAY out in this regard and if built OOB, the main frames are pushed out sideways by about 5mm at the centre of the car.

Fuel lines are in after moving the top union on the fuel tank 5mm to one side and filling the left over holes.

The kit fuel pipes and fittings are in the wrong place as supplied, so I sorted it all out before fixing the pipes.

Moving slowly ahead...

Roy.

P1010066_zpsd7d57c03.jpg

P1010067_zps17b27342.jpg

P1010068_zps659b56db.jpg

P1010069_zps9ba12c1f.jpg

P1010070_zps69312ea0.jpg

P1010071_zps99e664c9.jpg

Edited by roymattblack