Mirage GB chat

Enzo the Magnificent

3 hours ago, Wez said:

Hi Synopsis,

Wheels up sounds like a good plan, whatever the faults of the kit I'm sure it will turn out great - what markings are you thinking of doing it in?

I was considering trying to turn it out as the Swiss CS test aircraft, but I'm thinking I might bin that idea for now and build the Academy kit out the box and source a better kit to build as an S or RS for a Swiss build

17 minutes ago, Synopsis said:

I was considering trying to turn it out as the Swiss CS test aircraft, but I'm thinking I might bin that idea for now and build the Academy kit out the box and source a better kit to build as an S or RS for a Swiss build

Whatever you choose to do will be welcome.

3 hours ago, Wez said:

Well there's a coincidence, my original trade was Flight Systems.... etc.... .......them Bombheads), Enzo is an ex-Bombhead.

That's often the problem with any Air Force, as  we used to say in the Army:

A little bit of Force, and a lot of Air!

:smartass:

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Antoine said:

That's often the problem with any Air Force, as  we used to say in the Army:

A little bit of Force, and a lot of Air!

:smartass:

But then, as we in the Air Force used to say about the Army:

"There's the Pongo's"

• Like 1

Oh gosh...

Is is alteady about to start!

What should I enter with....

My current build rate and GB completion history leave a lot to wish for :(

Something simple? Oh..so many options in the stash!!

Now that I have got over the shock of the new site header and stuff, anyone heard anything more about the AMK Kfir of late, last I heard it was due June, which is fast running out, and I was kinda hoping to do one for this GB, having passed up a cheap Hasegawa Kfir.

Had a look at the FB page, but nothing new there

2 hours ago, Graeme H said:

Now that I have got over the shock of the new site header and stuff, anyone heard anything more about the AMK Kfir of late, last I heard it was due June, which is fast running out, and I was kinda hoping to do one for this GB, having passed up a cheap Hasegawa Kfir.

Had a look at the FB page, but nothing new there

Answering my own question, I see according to 72nd Aircraft News, it has just been released, so that will be in the build

2 hours ago, Graeme H said:

Answering my own question, I see according to 72nd Aircraft News, it has just been released, so that will be in the build

Ummm.... I don't mean to contradict anyone, but according to Martin of AMK in his recent post in the Rumourmonger section, the general public might have to wait a little while longer yet; I think the 72nd News post is referring to 'release' of the kit's instructions. Hobbyeasy has it arriving in early August (the earlier the better) - I'm really looking forward to it.

I was more going by the fact that Martin posted yesterday, it would be sent out in the next few weeks to distributors , I consider August Months away

It is that i'm really getting anxious to get this kit, so living in hope that weeks means 2-3 only  :hourglass:

Graeme,

You're not the only one keen to get hold of this kit but the last I saw from AMK was that it's due in August.

We appear to be getting mixed messages on when this kit will be available, my natural pessimism says later rather than sooner but I'm happy to be proved wrong.

Just a reminder to those of you who've previously expressed an interest in this GB, it starts tomorrow, that's right TOMORROW 24th of June.  

Time to decide what you're going to do for this GB, will it be a shining, flashing silver IIIC looking like it's on the set of the Aeronauts, a Pakistani IIIE with mis-matched wings from an ex Australian jet, a monstrous IV with rocket packs, a Belgian 5BR in wraparound colours, a Venezuelan 50 loaded up with bombs, an Israeli Finger/Nesher in desert colours, an Argentinian Dagger desperately trying to avoid the incoming Sea Harrier, a South African Cheetah covered in spots, a long nosed Chilian Pantera or a Sri Lankan Kfir?  There's plenty to choose from!

If you haven't signed up you're more than welcome to come and join us!

Edited by Wez
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, Wez said:

Just a reminder to those of you who've previously expressed an interest in this GB, it starts tomorrow, that's right TOMORROW 24th of June.  

Time to decide what you're going to do for this GB, will it be a shining, flashing silver IIIC looking like it's on the set of the Aeronauts, a Pakistani IIIE with mis-matched wings from an ex Australian jet, a monstrous IV with rocket packs, a Belgian 5BR in wraparound colours, a Venezuelan 50 loaded up with bombs, an Israeli Finger/Nesher in desert colours, an Argentinian Dagger desperately trying to avoid the incoming Sea Harrier, a South African Cheetah covered in spots, a long nosed Chilian Pantera or a Sri Lankan Kfir?  There's plenty to choose from!

If you haven't signed up you're more than welcome to come and join us!

Good morning Wez

Why don't you build all of them ? you know you want to ...

Best regards

Patrice

8 minutes ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good morning Wez

Why don't you build all of them ? you know you want to ...

Best regards

Patrice

Well, for one I don't have all of the subjects in kits and after achieving several DNF's in GB"s I want to finish something! One would be a major improvement.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Wez said:

Well, for one I don't have all of the subjects in kits and after achieving several DNF's in GB"s I want to finish something! One would be a major improvement.

Ok I wish you will be able to finish One (but I am sure you will manage to finish more than one build ..) .

This Gb last 4 months ..

Best regards

Patrice

4 hours ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Ok I wish you will be able to finish One (but I am sure you will manage to finish more than one build ..) .

This Gb last 4 months ..

Best regards

Patrice

Well, I'm still on my holidays for another 11 days, I don't know what the garden will be like when I get back, either burnt to a crisp or overgrown (either way it will be demanding some TLC), then my studies recommence the first weekend of October so I'll lose 3 weeks there. 

So that means my 4 months is only 3, the squeeze is on and we haven't even started yet!

15 minutes ago, Wez said:

Well, I'm still on my holidays for another 11 days, I don't know what the garden will be like when I get back, either burnt to a crisp or overgrown (either way it will be demanding some TLC), then my studies recommence the first weekend of October so I'll lose 3 weeks there. 

So that means my 4 months is only 3, the squeeze is on and we haven't even started yet!

Hi Wez

Enjoy your holydays

Patrice

Well we're off to a good early start with 15 subjects on offer.

Mirage F1's are the most popular type with 7 on the go closely followed by IIIE subtypes (Mirage IIIO/EE/RS).

Not surprisingly, French subjects dominate but Australian Mirages are quite rightly very popular. It's a great bonus to have two Gabonese F1AZ's in the mix too!

To all of you who've decided what they're doing, good luck now that the GB has officially started.

To all those waiting in the wings, show us what you've got!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Wez said:

Mine is only two months, even less as I count from the moment I'll get my new home keys....

With some luck I'll be able to have workbench & stash handy soon after.

I'll have to focus on something really simple, and I'm thinking more and more about an Italeri Kfir, OOB with just Aztec decals and maybe a resin bang seat.

• Like 2

I noticed how RAAF Mirages seem very popular at the moment, and rightly so ! I've planned one myself but I'm now wandering if building something more unusual first may add some variety to the GB. Thinking of an Abu Dhabi Mirage 5 at the moment, I have the kit, I have the decals...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Giorgio N said:

I'm now wandering if building something more unusual first may add some variety to the GB.

I notice you added the word "first" into that sentence.

So...  Abu Dhabi first, then Australia  :D 

9 hours ago, Giorgio N said:

Thinking of an Abu Dhabi Mirage 5 at the moment, I have the kit, I have the decals...

I'm with my learned colleague Enzo on this one, would be great to see an Abu Dhabi Mirage 5!

Halfway through the first week and we have 21 threads for 25 builds.

F1 and all III versions dominate but we also have exotica in the form of a Mirage IV, Cheetah and Kfir too!

Not a bad start a few days in but we have started in case you didn't realise so it's time to pull the kit from the stash, find those decals and references (don't forget to check our reference thread and add to it if you can), but most importantly, get building!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Antoine said:

And halfway through the first week, the co-host is still wandering somewhere in France...

Just trying to get enough Gallic inspiration for my now two proposed builds!

Mrs Wez says its research.

Edited by Wez
  • Like 1