1/48 Kittyhawk III RAF 112 Squadron # Finished 24-3-2015 #

Hi Guys,

I will build the Mauve 1/48 Kittyhawk III. I have some new decals from Model Alliance (set 48195) and a old etch set from Eduard (set 48-135?!).
I will start this build next week. I hope to put some foto's up from the box and content than as well.

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Finally a update. I have put in the cockpit and put on the first paint. I wanted to use the etch set, but it doesn't fit and the detail isn't that good.

I have just used a few parts of it. I also found a generetic set of seatbelts that I used.

Here are some pictures.

The cockpit before painting.

IMG_1529_zpsaxzbkry6.jpg

IMG_1530_zpspurgskwq.jpg

IMG_1531_zpsp7izsblz.jpg

and after the first paint is on.

IMG_1532_zpsj0azhrf2.jpg

IMG_1533_zpsqlfcgike.jpg

IMG_1534_zpsqb0afgyr.jpg

IMG_1535_zpsakrov4wj.jpg

IMG_1536_zpshqc19opq.jpg

That is all for now.

Cheers,

• Like 3

Nice choice of colour scheme. I did the same one on my Hasegawa 1/48th P-40M. I hunted high and low for the right type of shark mouth but had to use the nearest looking one for it. Look forward to seeing progress.

• Like 1

I have done some work today on her.

The cockpit is painted, put in the fuselage and sealed. I have also glued the underwing to the fuselage.

No pictures jet, but if the wings are done I will post some.

Cheers,

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I wanted to post some pictures yesterday and today, but it seems that I can't upload pictures to fotobucket. I don't know what is wrong with it. I have a old XP machine and that didn't work so I borrowed the laptop of my misses, but even with windows 7 it won't go. I will try to do it again this weekend.

But the update:

I have got the whole model together and cleaned the wings up yesterday. Now the representation of the guns wasn't great so a remade them with some bras tubing. It was a bit fiddly to do but the results are great.

Again, hope to put on some pictures this weekend.

Cheers,

• Like 1

Finally I have managed some pictures on photobucket. what a dissaster!!!!

Here some of the build.

IMG_1538_zpstrj2dzqb.jpg

IMG_1539_zpsmgdrclo5.jpg

IMG_1540_zps9q8il0ow.jpg

IMG_1541_zpson5b7ukq.jpg

and here some enhencment on the airplates on the nose.the wholes were a little bit shallow and small.

IMG_1546_zps4mif74c9.jpg

IMG_1547_zpslomlvosc.jpg

And the last enhancement are the MG's. It's not totaly what I wanted, but mich better than before.

IMG_1549_zpsm7u5hqct.jpg

IMG_1550_zpsaagyqtbv.jpg

IMG_1553_zpsihdlffau.jpg

IMG_1554_zpsscvdam5d.jpg

IMG_1555_zpsbjiyos9u.jpg

phew, that is it at the moment. still need to clean up the fuselage and then she will be almost ready for some paint.

Cheers,

• Like 3

Looking very good Arnie! Regarding your "disaster"; it seems that Internet Explorer, Photobucket and Britmodeller forum just don´t match. Switch to Firefox in downloading piccies to Pb and copy-pasting the links to BM, and life will be a dream. This is not the place to use IE. Trust me, I´ve been through the same hard times myself. Regards, V-P

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I have been doing some work lately. All the seams have now been filled and some of the small parts made ready for some paint. I have no pictures of this, but when I start the painting (hopefully the end of the week) I will put some pictures here.

Cheers,

The model is ready after masking etc. and I have started to paint the model today.

The underside is painted and I hope to put on the mid stone tomorrow.

I am again having trouble with photobucket. I can't upload any pictures. Why?! I don't know. I never had these problems. Fryday the thirteenth?!

I will try again tomorrow.

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec

I have finally put on some images on photobucket. I have made them with my Ipad and aren't of great quality.

I hope that these problems solves fast.[

URL=http://s300.photobucket.com/user/Arnold69/media/Kittyhawk%20III/Painting/image.jpg2_zpsv8tqv0wd.jpg.html]image.jpg2_zpsv8tqv0wd.jpg[/url]

image.jpg1_zpsdu7kcpi5.jpg

image.jpg3_zpslibxzhss.jpg

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec
  • Like 1

Some extra painting pictures of the last few days. I have managed to get photobucket going.

ready for some paint.

IMG_1653_zpsix8sxvzc.jpg

IMG_1654_zps19u5gfi1.jpg

IMG_1655_zpszbxt9dns.jpg

After some preshading

IMG_1656_zpsbengoq1a.jpg

And the underside in two fases.

IMG_1657_zpsivoo7nxz.jpg

IMG_1658_zpszhkg3iej.jpg

IMG_1659_zpstaprsalj.jpg

And the topside. I forgot to take some pictures after mid stone. The camo was airbrushed freehanded with Gunze acrilycs.

IMG_1660_zpsduy2wygp.jpg

IMG_1662_zps8qcpc49x.jpg

IMG_1663_zpsryscjavn.jpg

IMG_1664_zpsda4ecaua.jpg

I have put a coat of Klear on today. Hopefully I can start the decalling real soon.

Cheers,

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

The decals are on now and given another coat of Klear. there are still some things to do, but she is nearing completion.

The shark nose decal wasn't a great fit, but I made something out of it and did some touch ups (after these pictures).

Here are some pictures of the model.

IMG_1687_zpslgeujtiq.jpg

IMG_1686_zpsj5aij7g5.jpg

IMG_1684_zps3oyj5l3b.jpg

IMG_1685_zpsqgpyrtja.jpg

Cheers,

• Like 2