Eduard (Tasca) M4A1 Sherman

nick32

That looks absolutely amazing!!!!👍👍👍👌👌👌

Even better it amazes me how a model can evoke many wonderful memories. In the mid 1980's I was privelidged to be a volunteer on the late A.F. Budge collection, the kit he had was ledgendary & too long to list in this tome. I also helped restore other MV's fora late friend

Add to that a very active stalwart of the South Yorks aircraft Museum in its fledgling Firbeck days.

The joys of bachelorhood.

• Like 1

Liking the look of that a lot! Might just have to invest in one of those. I like the rust effects you have, they're very realistic in my opinion!

Thanks mate, i wasn't sure if i had overdone it to be honest. I used MIG pigment for it, very easy and quick to apply.

That looks absolutely amazing!!!!

Even better it amazes me how a model can evoke many wonderful memories. In the mid 1980's I was privelidged to be a volunteer on the late A.F. Budge collection, the kit he had was ledgendary & too long to list in this tome. I also helped restore other MV's fora late friend

Add to that a very active stalwart of the South Yorks aircraft Museum in its fledgling Firbeck days.

The joys of bachelorhood.

i love it when these things bring back memories, thanks for sharing - certainly sounds very interesting. I would love the chance to work on these things for real, for me there is just something magical about them.

Right, i'm off to try and figure out how to make a nice little diorama base for it. I may be some time....

Nick

Enjoy making the diorama Nick,

Used to have great fun, especially when Budge had 22 T-34's pointing toward Worksop & a very tasty Lim (mig 15) under wraps which was airlifted to Finningley under a Chinook!!!

The Mig is now at Yeovilton, but that's another story.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

All finished now! Pics are in RFI section, thank you all for your encouragement. DSC_8761_zps6qgn7su9.jpg Nick

Looks superb now it's complete, just re read your comment about working on the real thing.

It was quite a magical experience to be able to work with the real McCoy, even more so it was a real privelege to be able to work on vehicles that actually saw action, although they are machines at times I often wondered what stories they could tell if they could speak.

At Budge it often started as a wreck and finished as a stunning restoration. The guys and girl that did the most work were a dedicated bunch and it showed in their work.

• Like 1