Info about Yeovilton Airshow sought

Team Aer Lingus

Hi guys thought if anyone could help it would be someone on here.

SWMBO has decided we should go to Yeovilton this year having looked at some Pictures on here and youtube, but we are having trouble finding out how to get there.

We are basing ourselves in Swindon for the week of RIAT and Yeovilton is the previous Saturday so extra couple of nights in the hotel will be fine. Sadly public transport doesn't seem to be helping us get there anyone any ideas is there a coach service going from Swindon direction???

Eamonn

Relying on public transport probably means that you will arrive at Yeovilton just as the show finishes.....

You'll need to get a train from Swindon to Bristol Temple Meads, then a train to Yeovil Pen Mill.

According to the FAA Site, there are shuttle buses from there to Yeovilton.

But tying in all the train times might prove problematic - and the cost prohibitive!!

Wishing you luck.

Ken

Have you thought about hiring a car for the day as it will be almost impossible to get to the airshow by rail/bus and have long and decent day. The only way I can think of train wise would be to travel to Reading change there and then come down to Yeovil, even if it where possible it would a very early start equally late return to Swindon. where as by car the journey would be 1-11/2 hours by car.

Simon

• 2 months later...

After just deliberating last year I was planning to actually go this year. I normally always travel by train but is it really that difficult by public transport? I'm a car club member, but the day fee and the extra miles would make the whole thing more expensive than RIAT!

I was looking forward to seeing the mighty Sea King (my favourite helicopter) bowing out...

Jeffrey