Radial Engines Rock GB Chat

CliffB

1 hour ago, Black Knight said:

Start 00:00:00.000000000000001 BST tomorrow [tonight] ?

I had better create some space on the bench then by  getting those 90% finished items to 100%... 😳

Hello just wondering if I can enter with a trumpeter wildcat. The only problem is that I've start abit of it...

If its a no then fair enough I'll have a rummage for something else.

IMG_20170728_214330

Just got the cockpit together

IMG_20170728_214415

And the rest to go...

IMG_20170728_214505

Regards

• Like 2

I'll jump in here and say; the general rule is 'no more than 25%' is to have been started

To me that looks well within that

Rules;

As usual, the general Britmodeller GB Rules apply, basically:

• models must be no more than 25% complete when entered
  • participants must establish and maintain a 'Work in Progress' thread throughout their build, complete with photographs
  • participants must post photographs of their completed build(s), in the GB Gallery
  • a Poll (open to all members) will be held at the end of the GB, based on the photographs posted in the Gallery
  • the GB threads must not be used for the purposes of buying or selling anything

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Joss said:

Hello just wondering if I can enter with a trumpeter wildcat. The only problem is that I've start abit of it...

Hi Joss,

Just to confirm what Black Knight has already said.  Your Wildcat would be very welcome :)

Cliff

• Like 2

I'm in for this GB as soon as my Bf109 is finished, ie by this Sunday. I've got a 1/48th Harvard and a 1/32 T-6  that are itching to be built, I'll probably start on the T-6 which will be finished as a Harvard IIa of the Rhodesian Air Training Group circa 1943/44.

Max 

• Like 2

On 7/24/2017 at 8:20 PM, CliffB said:

That sounds excellent Philip.  Are thinking about a military or a civil scheme?

Cheers

Cliff

Cliff - I am going for a civil scheme, using aftermarket decals.....

These!

3ea490a7-8e76-4901-bf5f-f03cf1c97ec2.jpg

Having checked since, the only civil kit I can find is the Italeri kit No 150, so that will be the one I will go for.  I don't relish replacing the upper fuselage gun emplacement on the Heller kit, and then trying to get the corrugations filled to line up, so the Heller kit goes back into the stash.

Philip

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Prenton said:

Cliff - I am going for a civil scheme, using aftermarket decals.....

These!

Having checked since, the only civil kit I can find is the Italeri kit No 150, so that will be the one I will go for.  I don't relish replacing the upper fuselage gun emplacement on the Heller kit, and then trying to get the corrugations filled to line up, so the Heller kit goes back into the stash.

Philip

Oh my goodness - a Milka purple Ju.52!  :winkgrin:

I've built a couple of Italeri's civilian Ju.52s and both roofs had circular sink marks at the dorsal gun position.  Only a mild annoyance though, compared with using the military version alternative.

Cliff

Can't make up my mind. First I thought about the Skua but there's a lot of etch and resin, particularly in the engine and undercart. 

90f77dbb-6442-4303-ab8b-876ea0e65145.JPG

Then thought about perhaps one of these One and a Half strutters. There is an Airfix Pup somewhere in the stash but I can't find it.

resized_d4b5020d-b400-497c-a352-fd553190

Madness would suggest this little beaut. 

resized_0533dfcb-c95b-41e8-a595-ad198188

While this is a bit off beat, especially an FAA plane based during WW2 at Trinicolomee 

resized_f1a6923f-89c5-4977-8cf5-4b38a892

I fancy this but it's got resin, etch and it's a biplane with all its struts. I think I'll keep it for the Flying Boat GB. Mind you I do like the post war ESDG over Sky livery. It looks quite incongruous on a biplane

resized_55a43bac-beb1-4faa-a5b4-bbf4e6e9

Or start with an easy option of two more Martlets

resized_8c1d1bba-6f7a-48ad-9030-494681c4

Decisions, decisions, decisions 

• Like 1

I'm planning to join the GB, but can't decide what to build. Could be a 1/48 Lysander, or the Tu-2 I have on the way from Luckymodel, or the Special Hobby 1/32 Tempest II I recently bought, or an Il-14, or a Beaufighter, or...

In fact the one radial-engined kit in the stash that I can say for sure it won't be is the Lancaster II, because I've got plans for that which I'm not ready for.

Leaning towards the Tu-2 when it arrives. But it could end up being the Tempest. Or the Il-14. Or a Beafighter. Or a Lysander. Decisions, decisions...

• Like 1

On 07/08/2017 at 11:50 PM, 825 said:

Can't make up my mind. First I thought about the Skua but there's a lot of etch and resin, particularly in the engine and undercart. 

90f77dbb-6442-4303-ab8b-876ea0e65145.JPG

Then thought about perhaps one of these One and a Half strutters. There is an Airfix Pup somewhere in the stash but I can't find it.

resized_d4b5020d-b400-497c-a352-fd553190

Madness would suggest this little beaut. 

resized_0533dfcb-c95b-41e8-a595-ad198188

While this is a bit off beat, especially an FAA plane based during WW2 at Trinicolomee 

resized_f1a6923f-89c5-4977-8cf5-4b38a892

I fancy this but it's got resin, etch and it's a biplane with all its struts. I think I'll keep it for the Flying Boat GB. Mind you I do like the post war ESDG over Sky livery. It looks quite incongruous on a biplane

resized_55a43bac-beb1-4faa-a5b4-bbf4e6e9

Or start with an easy option of two more Martlets

resized_8c1d1bba-6f7a-48ad-9030-494681c4

Decisions, decisions, decisions 

Definately the Skua, and keep the SeaOtter for the Flying Boat GB, 

No bias towards fleet air arm / coastal command obviously  :whistle:

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, HardOverHec said:

Hi I have a Gallery Models H-34 US Navy Rescue that has a Wright R-1820 Cyclone in it that I would like to enter with.

Hi HOH. Welcome to Britmodeller and to the Radial Engines Rock group build :welcome:

The H-34 sounds like an excellent choice, particularly as it is a helicopter!

It's easy to join in, just 'start a new topic' within the Radial Engines Rock forum.

I look forward to seeing your build.

Regards

Cliff

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

So where has the time gone folks?   Just six more days to go before the GB closes.....

With typical organisational foresight, I've managed to be away for the final weekend - so I'm afraid it will take me a few days to get the Poll up and running.  Please bear with me.

Congratulations to all of you who have completed a build so far and good luck to those who are almost there :popcorn:

Cheers

Cliff

• 3 weeks later...

Well it looks like the poll has closed and Craig (Modelling Minion) and Rich have won!! Well done both! Very well deserved. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Great GB and well done to everyone who got models into the gallery.

Kind regards,

Stix 

• Like 2