Radial Engines Rock GB Chat

CliffB

I had quite a few choices for this GB, but I've just abandoned the all for something that looks really special.

I will be building the Gas Patch Models 1/48 Henschel Hs123B.

The kit is a thing of joy and beauty!  :wub: 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

I will be building the Gas Patch Models 1/48 Henschel Hs123B.

The kit is a thing of joy and beauty!  :wub: 

I've just had a look at the Gas Patch website Enzo, and you're quite right!

Cliff

2 minutes ago, CliffB said:

I've just had a look at the Gas Patch website Enzo, and you're quite right!

The instruction booklet is a work of art!   I just hope I can do the kit justice. 

The big problem for me is that Every! Single! decal option is interesting.  It's like going to a restaurant and having to choose from a menu where everything looks good.  I'm rubbish at choosing from menus!

I'm thinking of doing the Adolf Galland scheme in the pre-war camouflage, but the Barbarossa white scheme is calling to me as well. 

• Like 1

Goodmorning to All

For this GB I'll build this kit, a fantastic Three motor in Italian civil color

35059244793_cbaf38e536_c.jpg

:bye: Ettore

Edited by Ettore
  • Like 4

Hi everyone 

I'd also like to join in with this one. I  now need to choose between a Hellcat and a Corsair, both in gloss sea blue??

Thanks 

James

• Like 1

I'll be there. Martlets and Skuas by the bucketload in the stash. There's a Firebrand somewhere, and my dad worked on them but so far the only one unearthed is the Sabre engined prototype and that won't count. Will keep on looking. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Temperate Sea Scheme, the distincive green and grey camoflage used by fleet air arm aircraft9_7.png

Thanks Stu

Believe it or not I did know that, just having a slow day.......

James

• Like 2

Whilst finishing up some stuff (couple of Seafires, Martlet MKII, changing markings on a Hellcat II due to new information) I was considering what next as the stash is reducing (need to do some ordering from Hannants Skua, Firefly, Seafire, Walrus, Sea Fury and a bunch of consumables, aka paint) when I came across the Tamiya F4U-1D Corsair.

So if I may I would like to join the GB with my entry of an FAA Corsair.  I need to secure a conversion kit which comes with the CO vents and cockpit sides.  I also need to figure out exactly which I'm going to do but I do have a spare set of Fundekals for Leslie Dunrno's aeroplane - just not sure of the Red in the roundels....  I think a conversation with @iang is in order before I get to that stage..

• Like 2

So many excellent choices are being posted here. I especially look forward to the seeing what you Hs-123 builders can do.

My choice of a 1/32 t-bolt is based on a kit I built nearly 45 years ago that I always new I could have done better so now in my retirement I have a golden opportunity.

• Like 3

Not long to go folks and Enzo has kindly established the Group Build as 'Current', so please go ahead and set up your build threads if you want to.  No starting of the kits though until 29th!

I will post the Rules shortly.

Cheers

Cliff

• Like 1

Hi Cliff,

You mentioned, earlier in the thread, a desire for multi-engined radial aircraft in this GB....

How would three of them work?  (I am thinking of a Ju 52, in 1/72nd scale, since nobody has mentoned this as yet).  It will probably be the venerable Heller kit, though with some aftermarket decals.....

Philip

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Prenton said:

Hi Cliff,

You mentioned, earlier in the thread, a desire for multi-engined radial aircraft in this GB....

How would three of them work?  (I am thinking of a Ju 52, in 1/72nd scale, since nobody has mentoned this as yet).  It will probably be the venerable Heller kit, though with some aftermarket decals.....

Philip

That sounds excellent Philip.  Are thinking about a military or a civil scheme?

2 minutes ago, Grandboof said:

I would like to join with an ATL Carvair or a Douglas Globemaster or a Stratocruiser please 

Martin H

Any one (or all), would be very welcome Martin.

Cheers

Cliff

I would like to join with a Grumman Avenger.  I have the Hasegawa 1/72 kit with an Aires cockpit set, KMC wing fold set, Aeromaster decals and an Eduard mask set.

35297549554_5c1ee135f8_b.jpg

• Like 5

Guys I read the rule and it says rotary engine allowed but I still wish to confirm once that Sopwith Comic is eligible for this group build  . Cheers :)

• Like 1

On 26/07/2017 at 11:51 AM, Basuroy said:

Guys I read the rule and it says rotary engine allowed but I still wish to confirm once that Sopwith Comic is eligible for this group build  . Cheers :)

Hi Basuroy, I don't know much about that aircraft, but from my understanding the 'comic' was a night fighter version of the camel; as far as I'm aware (from Wikipedia :) ) engines were radial. So, unless someone can correct me, the comic is okay.

cheers

Aaron

• Like 1

Ever since I declared an interest in this GB I've been planning to build an F4U-1 Corsair. Last night I changed my mind and I think I'll have a crack at this MPM Douglas A-20 Havoc, as a P-70B Nighthawk.

191479-11185-67-540

Edited by Avereda
  • Like 3

Like I hadn't committed myself to too much already... I bought an Eduard 72nd scale FW 190 A-5 Weekend Edition- kit a few days ago, with intentions to join this GB with it. I have Eduard PE seatbelts and will scratch up decals for a II/JG 54 plane attached to Gefechtsverband Kuhlmey in Finland, summer -44. Nothing special needed for that, though, just the codes. V-P

• Like 4