Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum

camper1

Hi Folks

recently had the chance to visit here,if you are anywhere in the vicinity make time to visit it really is that

good.If you have any particular wants let me know but for now here is a small sample.

This was a bit of a pilgrimage for me as I saw the last two types in my fathers logbook which I had not seen before

Ian

IMG_4577_zpse1a0bde4.jpgIMG_4572_zps876eae8a.jpg

IMG_4567_zps6322f64f.jpgIMG_4561_zpsa11f9f56.jpgIMG_4545_zps59694ddd.jpgIMG_4525_zpsdd1525ea.jpgIMG_4666_zps51ea6568.jpg

IMG_4616_zps70a227ee.jpg

• Like 7

Superb. A bit different when I went in 2006. For example the Avenger wasn't on view and the Lysander was being worked on. Great collection od aeroplanes though. Thanks for posting!

• 4 weeks later...

Not wanting to boast, but I've been over there three times and each time I made sure I fitted in an aircraft museum! In total I've visited five! All those visits have been the sole reason why I model so many Canadian subjects. The colours , variety of types civil and military just 'wow' me! And I still haven't had enough! I need to go back again as the last time I went was 2006.

Aircraft museums I visited ; 2002: Calgary Air and Space Museum. And at Vancouver a flight in a Beaver, but missed the Langley Museum.

2004: British Columbia Air Museum at Sydney once known as Patricia Bay. Also Sproat lake to see the Martin Mars.... both! Then the museum at Comox CFB. Another Beaver flight at Prince Rupert. Mammoth road trip ending up at Calgary after starting at Vancouver.

2006: The now closed Toronto Aerospace museum, My new mecca, the fabulous Canada National Air Museum at Rockliffe,Ottawa, the RCAF Museum at Trenton and finally the CWH at Mount Hope, Hamilton. At the CWH, I nearly got a flight in the Stearman Kaydet but it was my last day there and had expended the holiday budget!)

Canada is a tremendous place and highly recommended.

( By the way, I'm no Lottery winner....did these trips with the wife and another couple and sharing costs kept expenditure down)

Canada, highly recommended place to live, the scenery is stunning, lovely friendly people. The beer's not brilliant & the winters are entertaining, if you like snow ?

There's a reasonable choice in the model shops, but @ least I have two in close proximity & two aviation museums of a more modest nature.

Apologies to any Canadians who think I have maligned their beer, since you don't have ready access to the choicest Yorkshire beers. You can't beat a Theakstons 'Old Peculier' or Tetley 'Imperial' or a John Smiths 'Magnet ', the list goes on............