1:48 F100C Super Sabre - need some suggestions on schemes!

Skyhunter66

Evening! So I did my F100f in Vietnam era colours and have nearly finished my F100D in nmf - first time I have done natural metal with any degree of success! So I am suitably enthused now to do my F100C but there doesn't seem to be many exciting looking decals available so I thought I would get some recommendations on here.

I'm looking to do a NMF with something colourful or unusual - anything considered so has anyone got any recommendations??

thanks

Chris

Xtradecals did a couple of sheets for NMF F-100Cs, but if you're at all concerned about accuracy, you'll have to replace the national insignia, wing "USAF," "U.S. AIR FORCE," buzz numbers, and serial numbers. The cartoonist who did the artwork for these obviously never compared what he drew to photos or a T.O. Everything is the wrong shape or number/letter style and the insignia blue looks more like a medium blue. Depending on the subject aircraft, the lettering should be either NAA's in-house rounded style numbers and letters, like what you see on F-86s, or the 45 degree block style similar to the "Amarillo" font.

Superscale had a decent sheet for a 4th FDW jet. IIRC, they have the walkways in red and they should be black.

The 2 Bob's Skyblazers sheet looks pretty nice!

Ben

Right - thanks everyone for the suggestions and as fortune would have it the Skyblazers decals at twobobs are on sale! So I just ordered two lots for $18 + $5 for shipping - can't be bad! I figured I should buy two based on the fact I am bound to make a hash of some of those big decals!

chris