Airfix 1/48 Gloster Javelin FAW.9 3rd April Now Finished!

Hi everyone

Well its nearly done...

P1020696_zpsnzahcp0l.jpg

P1020695_zpsvty5weoy.jpg

P1020700_zps4tcd2b0m.jpg

P1020701_zpstns6plik.jpg

P1020709_zpsxvzaw7n3.jpg

P1020711_zpspvlnfg7j.jpg

P1020712_zpsmeognmgh.jpg

I added some grab handles to the inside of the canopy framework, weathered a little more around the gun bays and cockpit area where the aircrew board the plane and added the tail (might regret that tomorrow when I come to add the undercarriage).

I've still to add the under carriage, finish the Fire streaks and drop tanks and add the antenna's on the rear of the upper fuselage.

Cheers all

Iain

• Like 7

Thanks for the Youtube links, great Sunday morning viewing. In Mission 66 that 60 Sqn javelin was certainly very scruffy so I think you have nailed that. Did you notice that they had left the flaps down when they walked away at the end? More licence for those of us who want to model everything hanging down I'd say.

Duncan B

Hi Duncan

Yeah those short films are great viewing and I did notice that they left the flaps down at the end of Mission 66, looking at the Javelin now I'm happy with how it's turned out and I think the extra wear on it works a treat (I added some more around the cockpit area after re -watching the films) I just need to finish off the small stuff now

Cheers mate

Iain

• Like 1

Hi everyone

Well the finish line is now in sight! I've still to finish the drop tanks and Fire Streaks but the air frame is 99.9% finished..

P1020720_zpswcwrfho5.jpg

P1020719_zpsj8to5onf.jpg

P1020718_zpsf8uybzmb.jpg

P1020717_zpsnggxwdsz.jpg

P1020716_zpsjt3mfzka.jpg

P1020714_zpsqsakv9od.jpg

Well that's me for today, time for a beer I think!

Cheers

Iain

• Like 10

Wonderful, a work of weaterning perfect, it seems true !!!!!

Bravissimo..........

Cheers Linus

Hi Linus

Thank you. I initially thought the weathering was too much but now it's nearly finished I'm happy with how it's turned out.

Cheers

Iain

I do like that, it has obviously been sitting out in the tropical rain to get that grubby. Enjoy your beer, you've earned it.

I now really want to start my 1/48 Javelin but have to clear all my other stuff before I start anything new.

Duncan B

• Like 1

I do like that, it has obviously been sitting out in the tropical rain to get that grubby. Enjoy your beer, you've earned it.

I now really want to start my 1/48 Javelin but have to clear all my other stuff before I start anything new.

Duncan B

Hey Mr B

Thank you and thank you for suggesting a little more wear n tear on the removable panels hopefully I'll have the whole thing wrapped up by Wednesday, have a little break, clean my workshop and start my Hunter

Thanks for your support

Iain

• Like 1

Hi everyone

Well its finally finished (I do have a little tidying up to do here and there - but that's for another day!)..

P1020726_zpscsgmojr1.jpg

P1020727_zpsi8pvjyrq.jpg

P1020725_zpsnt4oaiiy.jpg

P1020724_zpspi2nhupd.jpg

P1020723_zpszmb0iowu.jpg

P1020722_zps4ypajhit.jpg

P1020721_zpstbl9xrwo.jpg

...Once the weather improves I'll post some better pictures in the RFI along with my Mustang IV.

Thanks to everyone that show an interest in my build, I've had a few self induced trials and tribulations but its turned out ok. Now to clean up my workshop and start my next build.

Cheers all

Iain

• Like 6