Rick's Humvee Nato Build

infofrog

The tires are painted mock up to frame .
The body under side . Filled inject marks .
Enjoy
Rick

I need little better light for my photo booth . I'm going pick up two led daylight bulbs equal to 60 watts .
Right now I have two led 40 watt warm light bulbs

007-2.jpg

006-5.jpg

002-5.jpg

001-3.jpg

• Like 2

Thank you all

I added some photo etch to the interior. There was one piece photo etch that goes over the dash dials , I did not like it . It just looked off , So i did not install . The original dash dials looks so much better .

Enjoy

Rick

I also change the light cool warm bulbs to my home made photo booth , Install LED Daylight bulbs equal to 40 watts . that sure made a difference .

001-4.jpg

002-6.jpg

003-4.jpg

005-2.jpg

• Like 3

thank you

This is a great model kit . Highly recommend . There is million options to convert this model into any humvee build .Live resin has so many options , but that can get costly very fast

Also the Tamiya Jeep kits are very nice ..

Rick

My order for Legend ammo can came in today . Legend productions 1/35 ammo box set lf1039 . I was looking forward to these ammo cans . My kit only had the one ammo can for the main gun . I opened the box . The resin parts are not very good at all . I am very disappointed in this Legend kit . I can not recommend Ammo cans .

I need couple , so have to do what I have to do . Hide the ends ..

I do had two very nice ammo cans from a Tamiya add on kit .

Also I sent an e mail to the company . I see what happens ..

Enjoy

Rick

001-6.jpg

002-8.jpg

007-3.jpg

005-3.jpg

006-6.jpg

I guess these are handles .

1.jpg

here is the ammo cans . Just upsetting .. There all like this

2.jpg

Thank you

Here is my photo booth, its a first basic built ,( test booth ) . Next one will look better more refine

Rick

001.jpg

Nice light box, Rick. I built something very similar a few years ago but had lamps in the sides as well. You may want to give that a go as it will flood the subject with a lot more light and remove some of the shadows you get even with diffused light coming from the same direction.

Cheers,

Roger

• Like 1

Nice light box, Rick. I built something very similar a few years ago but had lamps in the sides as well. You may want to give that a go as it will flood the subject with a lot more light and remove some of the shadows you get even with diffused light coming from the same direction.

Cheers,

Roger

thank you

I will try that

Rick

I just received an e mail from Legend . I must say WOW very fast . Here is what they said

Rick

Dear Sir.

I got email from my friend Ryan regarding your problem with our product.

I'm so sorry about the problem.

LF1039 is very old kit that the quality is not so good as our recent releases and discontinued now.

So would you check our site www.www-legend.co.kr and select a kit of similar aize to LF1039?

And please let me know your full name and address and I'll send you the kit ASAP.

Best Regards.

LEGEND PROUUCTIONS

CHAN KIE LEE

Tel : 82-2-414-0129

Fax : 82-2-414-0145

www.www-legend.co.kr

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Little update .. Painted the ammo cans . I try to show some wear on them too ..

I also pick up a stray dog .. He's was so scared , he lost his color ..

I also made a phone for the radio and installed the cable

Enjoy

Rick

008_1.jpg

007_1.jpg

006_1.jpg

004_1.jpg

• Like 5

yesterday I painted the interior base Nato black .. Then lightly sprayed an over cast of tamiya metallic grey .. Tamiya metallic grey is there closest paint to steel color.

This part is all new to me ..

Today I took brush dap some water around interior , Then applied refined grain salt . Now when water drys ,i will paint interior Nato Green ..

I hope this will show some wear down to steal or aluminum color . i may need to use some 1500 wet and dry sand paper to smooth out wear spots.

I will see .. I maybe need to weather it more with oil treatment ... Not sure yet ..

Enjoy

Rick

004_2.jpg

• Like 1