AFV Matador in 1/35th

simmerit

FullSizeRender%20174_zpsjjdahgde.jpg

bit more shading done and a final application of MIG stuff. No stripes for this lad I'm afraid. Not being real, he wont miss the difference in beer tokens

Here he is in the photo

FullSizeRender%20175_zps9hmspab8.jpg

I think that captures the spirit reasonably well

Looking good. How makes the Landy post above?

Colin

Its a cut down HobbyBoss Wolf TUM with an uprated set of springs as the ones on the HobbyBoss truck make it sit like a 110 rather than a Wolf, which you may (or may not) know has an uprated suspension and chassis as well as a fine 300 TDI Engine in it and an R380 Gearbox.

I chopped this 109 down as well to an 88. Kirin Cabbage Heads with it for good measure

FullSizeRender%20001_zpsh4jobjxi.jpg

Just look at that tour tash and those chops!! Takes you back

This came today as well

FullSizeRender%20176_zpslxoav2iy.jpg

mid production Mat

FullSizeRender%20177_zpsa6vwkcrh.jpg

the only difference appears to be the new roof. You get the early production roof thrown in for good measure by the looks of things!!

• Like 1

FullSizeRender%20178_zpsxxbarcql.jpg

cracking on with this lad.at the minute. Archer stripes sold out....................

I'll be back on the Mat at the weekend as the cab needs finishing. No seats and backrests in yet + it needs to be sand inside. Not sure what to do about the flatbed and sides which are green at the minute. Nice and visible for a Stuka....

Lovely stuff this, I am amazed at the surgery and the tailoring, obviously not kitted out at Catterick.

Nah. Take a good look. Every bit of clothing is too big!! Puttees are OK, but you could never really go wrong with them really :rolleyes:

If anyone is ever interested in doing the right dimensions for the carriage then here they are

IMG_0807_zps8xmoiayv.jpg

IMG_0810_zps0yajzrmx.jpg

IMG_0809_zpswo15jzih.jpg

IMG_0808_zpslgyqnrag.jpg

The lad in Leeds has braved the snow and measure one of his guns up for me. Must say there is nothing like Brits for eccentricity !!

I have been watching this one unfold and I have to say it has been one of the best threads I've seen in a long time. Thank you for both the inspiration and the entertainment.

Thanks fella. You have to have a laugh when you do these I reckon. No photos of the mrs and the topless netball though. You have to draw the line somewhere!!

I'm just looking at these lads and wondering what gats they would have carried as a gun crew. Logic would say Sten's as surely they wouldn't give artillery a mans bang stick to play with? Must have had an LMG surely? Odd 303 for good measure perhaps? All 303s and no Stens + an LMG?

Any views from fellow saddos out there in the hinternet wilderness?

Edited by simmerit

.303s and a Bren, maybe an smg for the NCO?

Yep that's sort of where I was at but wondered if there was any other opinion out there. 2 Bren's briefly crossed my mind so they could lay down effective fire if they had to defend the position if it was dug in. Deffo feels like a Sten for the NCO. Cant see the gunners having anything more than a 303. Must be an Arty type on here with an opinion?

Anyway - grabbed half an hour at lunchtime. Some arms and a bit more resin. Really quite pleased with the 3 recent standing up figures. the first 3 are OK. There is just so little you can do with that brown uniform. Brown. I mean. Who would kit anyone out in Brown? they'll be givign blokes brown boots next and making them walk around with their shirts hanging out at this rate!!!! Nah. It would never happen

FullSizeRender%20192_zpswozvtd7f.jpg

FullSizeRender%20191_zpsuriufibu.jpg

I hate brown

Edited by simmerit
  • Like 1