Ford Trimotor AT 5 RAAF, Airfix 1/72

JWM

Hi

I post already three photos of this model but not in RFI but in Aircraf Modelling, WWII forum in last August.

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234953845-raaf-ford-trimotor-colours/page-3

There was a discussion on colours and camo pattern of this particular machine - Ford Trimotor AT-5, of 33 Squadron RAAF, New Guinea 1942, A45-1.

Since it was my first ever post on BM I've chosen a small photo of this Trimotor as my avatar.

I apologize for posting it again, but one collegue asked me to give more photos... I hope you do not mind. I do hope that not everyone traced this topic im AM WWII...

Best regards and comments welcome

Jerzy-Wojtek

ford Dsc01362ford Dsc01360ford Dsc01361ford Dsc01358ford Dsc01058ford Dsc01059ford Dsc01057ford Dsc01056

Edit '2017: two photos from inside: 

ford Dsc00866ford Dsc00867

Edited by JWM
Switch to Flickr
  • Like 33

I like that a lot and I`ve never seen an RAAF Tin Goose in that scheme before,........I`m sorely tempted to model this one myself now! I`d love to see a photo of the real aircraft as I love off beat subjects like this which is right down my street!

All the best

Tony

• Like 1

That certainly deserves a second post! What an unusual subject and scheme. The control wire rigging adds another dimension too. I thought you had lost your tail wheel in the last picture but it was just the carpet.

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 1

Thank you Gents for all very nice comments.

Let me do some comment or answer:

I`d love to see a photo of the real aircraft

Tony - in the link I gave above for AM discussion by era, WWII forum - there is a dark photo of her in camo, taken before the war (without red crosses and with red middle of roundels) and then there was a profile reconstructed on basis of what remain from her, preserved in Port Moresby Aircraft Museum. I have to add, that I was thinking on doing AT 5 model in markings of RAF (a single one, late variant, serial X5000), Chinese or Spanish Republican. I was searchind a lot in net for a photos - bet when I found photo of this RAAF machine I made my mind to her.

I did not know that Aussies were using Ford Trimotors...

They were two of them : A45-1 (AT-5) and A45-2 (AT-4)

Your collection of models is one of the great little discoveries here in the last year, in my opinion.

You are very, very kind indeed :) - thank you

Cheers

J-W

Thank you Lunarhighway and Darby for your kind comments.

BTW - "BZ" means something (positive) in Polish, but I do not know what it means in English, I am affraid... :)

Was it then in Polish? :) :)

Cheers

Jerzy-Wojtek

• 2 weeks later...

Superb!  I love the detail you've added to the interior and the various control cables and rigging.  I've had this kit in the stash for some years (!) and this has definitely inspired me to build it at last.  I'm looking for a British or Commonwealth civil scheme for it to wear. 

• Like 1