Revell 1:72 Uboat V11c

Right then - this is my first ever UBoat and the first boat of any kind since the early 1980's! I think the last time I did anything maritime was the Airfix HMS Belfast which I made a hash of aged 13.

I bought the kit on a whim on Black Friday and was captivated immediately. It was a steep learning curve which was made all the easier by help from members on BM - so thank you all for the help.

This is an OOB build except I bought some EZ Line for the antennae which proved to be a smart move as it is excellent. I used Revell acrylics - both rattle and airbrushed. The rattle cans were excellent I have to say but I found the regular acrylics clogged the airbrush quite a bit but the result was worth it.

I enjoyed this build immensely and if I can find space I intend to do another one at least. It proved a bit of a hit over Christmas with lots of requests to have a look at it! At a metre long it is an impressive kit but it was an easy build and I highly recommend it.

So the photos have been difficult to do as it is so dark at them moment so apologies for the quality!

Its my first one so feel free to comment/criticise/whatever!

Chris

Uboat-11_zpse891dd1c.jpgUboat-12_zps3416c38e.jpgUboat-8-Copy_zps332dbd9c.jpgUboat-7-Copy_zps7c1c093a.jpgUboat-9_zps39d81e8b.jpgMeganPortrait14-2_zps3b4ac1a9.jpgMeganPortrait14_zps4f70ee07.jpg

• Like 20

So this is the beastie from the "Midnight Modeller" post? It's wonderful both in colour and in black and white :D. :thumbsup:

Yes the very same John! Must try some more shots in black and white with a North Atlantic backdrop !

Very good. I have two of these, plus a type IX and II so I really should build one this year.

Yes I fancy the type IX as well - it's just the problem if space and wife.....

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

very nice in deed, love the weathering.

as stated above using as reference for my 1/144th, which should be complete in few weeks…….

lovely detailing, great build.

Many thanks and I do feel honoured! Will you be posting your build on here?

great - looking forward to it. Got to love the menacing look of the Uboat haven't you!

Not if you were in the Merchant Navy in the early forties !

Great result although at a metre long, it would be a hard sell with the current Mrs Jockney !

Cheers Pat