1/72 - MiG-21 Fishbed by Eduard

172flogger

I've said it before and I'll say it again ...... We have Bis and MFs but no PFs or UMs of Ny quality. When will will see either or both these from Eduard? Clearly through its whole life the U/US/UM has been there in service and the PF was the first step up from the limited capability F-model. Both are the best reasons for getting to work on these :).

Martin

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again ...... We have Bis and MFs but no PFs or UMs of Ny quality. When will will see either or both these from Eduard? Clearly through its whole life the U/US/UM has been there in service and the PF was the first step up from the limited capability F-model. Both are the best reasons for getting to work on these :).

Martin

I know the PF/PFM is to be released by eduard but considering their first MF boxing is due in May and the next in september , I suspect we won't get the PF before late 2018 / 2019 . 

3 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Yes Basu, I agree, but I still feel I need to fly that flag for them. It seemed to work for the FJ-3! ;)

Martin

With you on that one ; also we never know about the 2 seater UM version . They did release one for the mig-15 and might just surprise us with one here.  I am afraid eduard might try to pull the same trick here as they did with their spitfire - first release the costly quatro /special edition boxing , then the profipack and only after that the weekend ( we are yet to see the bubbletop weekend for example and it has been over an year since it first hit the market ). 

I find it strange that the only constant in the MIG-21 story is the U-series and yet no manufacturer has ever taken it seriously...  i am currently working on a mod of a Bilek kit which will get me as close as possible.... i know that once I finish it they will announce a new mould! ;)

Martin

Edited by RidgeRunner
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Basuroy said:

I am afraid eduard might try to pull the same trick here as they did with their spitfire - first release the costly quatro /special edition boxing , then the profipack and only after that the weekend 

I mean, that's been their standard practice for at least 15 years, so...

5 hours ago, ICMF said:

I mean, that's been their standard practice for at least 15 years, so...

I suspected it might have been ; I am quite new to the modelling scene so not familiar with their past practice  , started in 2015 and closely paying attention to new releases only since the past year or so . 

• 2 weeks later...

Source: https://www.facebook.com/EduardCompany/photos/a.122154977799458.21995.116570475024575/1986522701362667/?type=3&theater

Pre-release Library Edition of MiG-21MF in 1/72 scale. 
Kit covers marking of No. 4127 of the Czech Air Force, wearing the Knight emblem of the Eduard company. 
Preorders:
- 1st RUN - 6 – 15 March 2018 (discounted price)
- 2nd RUN - 21 – 31 March 2018 (standard price)
Kits will dispatch after 2nd of April 2018.
Content:
- plastic parts: Eduard
- No. of decal options: 1
- decals: Eduard
- PE parts: yes
- painting mask: yes
- resin parts: yes, wing & fuselage pylons, R-3S missiles with adapters
www.eduard.com/store/eduard/mig-21mf-library-limited-edition-1-72.html

30124803_2024007557614181_4318820131317743616_o.jpg

30222130_2024007697614167_8068999254208675840_o.jpg

30226013_2024007594280844_6569280379063107584_o.jpg

30261029_2024007607614176_6514687861512470528_o.jpg

30412289_2024007687614168_8081997715031982080_o.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

33$ for a 72nd scale mig-21 with a bland decal option ? Eduard certainly seems to hold their jet in very high opinion. Also based on the sprue pictures on the website , it appears there are no weapons included except for that resin missile .  This is surprising because eduard have previously advertised a very wide selection of armaments .  One can only wonder how much the set with the armament sprue and more than 1 decal option will cost .... 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Basuroy said:

33$ for a 72nd scale mig-21 with a bland decal option ? Eduard certainly seems to hold their jet in very high opinion. Also based on the sprue pictures on the website , it appears there are no weapons included except for that resin missile .  This is surprising because eduard have previously advertised a very wide selection of armaments .  One can only wonder how much the set with the armament sprue and more than 1 decal option will cost .... 

it's a special edition (with brassin part but without plastic weapon)  before the first release (profipack :D) with all we need...!

Edited by Fulcrum@

MiG-21 is "heart" type for many Czech (and Czechoslovak) modelers. And many people call for option early buying. And this is a result. You can´t wait to may, you can have "Fishbed" soon.

15 hours ago, Basuroy said:

33$ for a 72nd scale mig-21 with a bland decal option ? Eduard certainly seems to hold their jet in very high opinion. 

Well to be fair to Eduard, you only have to pay $33 if you're a foreigner.  If you're Czech, they'll only charge you $20 for the kit.

• Like 1

If you wait one more month, you will get a profipack with 6 or so decal options, proper PE and all the sprues for about the same price as the "discounted" current limited edition. Not to mention much cheaper overtrees.

They most likely used the photo just to illustrate the squadron badge because the close up of the sticker on 4127 doesn't exist. It's a detail of the badge on the nose of UM 3166.

Sigh... some people really don't waste any opportunity to bash Eduard.

• Like 1

On 3/10/2018 at 3:47 PM, Silverkite said:

Isn't Modelsvit Mig-21F good enough to be converted into a F-13 or I'm missing something big?

Luigi

Sorry I have to remove my posts

Good Bye

Gabor

Edited by ya-gabor
  • Like 1

Thanks Gabor,I did notice the differences after posting my question in this thread.

I was sure that Mikoyan didn't create a small hell for the F version since most sources reported only the changes regarding K13 missile compatibility,some fin mods but not so deep and the remove of one of the two cannons,at this point is more easy to differentiate BF-109 and FW-190 variants than the scorching hell of Mig-21 and Su-17 ones

Luigi

16 hours ago, Silverkite said:

Isn't Modelsvit Mig-21F good enough to be converted into a F-13 or I'm missing something big?

Luigi

While I cannot speak about Modelsvit conversion , there is a very good kit of the f-13 from revell ( original tool belonging to the period when they churned out masterpieces like the tornado ) that goes together very well - its only down point is the nose ring fit which requires some cleaning up . It is worth buying in my opinion if you don't already have it .

• Like 2