1/72 - MiG-21 Fishbed by Eduard

172flogger

1 hour ago, Procopius said:

Wait wait wait wait, what's wrong with the Bilek -21PF?

Hi,

I'm wondering the same. Better front fuselage profile and IIRC dorsal spine shape tha Zvezda. Dimensionally basicly accurate when compared to measurements from real MiG-21s although different subtypes. Maybe a bit long front fuselage between canopy and wing and slightly too big drag shute bullet. Sound basic for a god model but not a shake and bake one.

Cheers,

AaCee

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/11/2017 at 4:07 PM, RidgeRunner said:

I cant read the FB link as i dont have FB. What does it say? When could they be released? 

Martin

Sorry I have to remove my posts

Good Bye

Gabor

Edited by ya-gabor

UM,Lancer and 21-93 will ever get some love from resin companies?

I know about the Lancer but the one I bought from RV didn't come with Lancer specific parts,so did the Mig-23 MLD which was missing the stencils and I'm on the no-no side to order another Lancer from them.

2 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

dont have FB either. The news was about a presentation by the director of Eduard for future releases including the MiG-21. Earlier this year it was declared by the Czech company that the first Fishbeds will be out in spring 2018. Based on the presentation there is chance that the original plans to do the 72nd line of kits in a similar pattern (MF, SMT, bis, R, PFM, PF) as the 48th is no longer considered. PF after the 2 MF versions  and leaving out all the others.:( 

Thanks Gabor. I am excited about this! 

Martin

• 2 months later...
On 1. 1. 2018 at 2:23 PM, Hook said:

It's 2018 - bring out the 1/72nd MiG-21's already!  ;)

Profipack with MFs from the Gorky plant should be released in May, profipack with MFs from Znamya Truda some time during Autumn.

Edited by JBr
  • Like 1

In the last INFO Eduard (https://www.eduard.com/store/out/media/InfoEduard/archive/2018/info-eduard-2018-01EN.pdf)  we can read:

"In May, we will be releasing the 1/72nd scale MiG-21MF Interceptor. These were aircraft produced by factory No. 21 in Gorky (Nizhny Novgorod nowadays). This kit will however contain a mix of international markings, not just those of Czechoslovakia. This will be reserved for a Limited Edition boxing mirroring the MF kit released in 2016  in 1/48th scale.

This will be followed by a Royal Class edition in the summer covering all MF production blocks, and in the fall by a MiG-21MF Fighter-Bomber ProfiPACK kit from factory No. 30 in Moscow."

• Like 2

Yes please Gabor, tell us...

I read a lot of things about the "bis" but as I am still longing for a good "up to date" MF in 1/72 I'd like to know what we have to be careful about the Eduard 1/48 release...

I thought that  Zvezda would have had his "bis" revamped and reshaped with today's brand standard in 2018 but I have to stop dreaming...

Thanks

Madcop