Airfix TomahawkX4 RAF, Soviet and Flying tigers.

What can I say? Are you working on these models 24/7?

That's what it looks like from where I sit... And I am terribly jealous, when I haven't been able to glue any plastic for almost 2 months!!!! Scary!

Your models show all the care you lavish on them. Great show Steve!

JR

• Like 1

I was thinking that. how do you find time for this lol

Thanks guys,Honestly I do an hour a day 10.30 till 11.30 as I work 2pm till 10 pm, I usually get an extra hour or two on my days off but got a lot

done with being off four four days and to be fair these kits just fall together!

Hi all, got the Desert schemed RAF aircraft decaled this morning and a lot of the smaller pieces painted so all four are now at roughly the same stage

so things will slow down now as won,t have a lot of time for a few days for modelling,damn!!! Thanks for looking in.

SDC12688640x480_zps2169a530.jpg

• Like 2

Brilliant build so far, but I love the Russian machine and the way you did the painting and weathering (including the torn decal!)

Ciao

Edited by giemme
  • Like 1

Morning folks,nearing the finish line now fully caught up with these two with props on,wheels(don,t get me started on wheels) glazing painted etc.so by tonight

all four will be ready for matt coating and the finishing touches so this is about it as far as updates are concerned.Thanks for all your interest,comments and support.

SDC12693640x480_zps41aaaea7.jpgSDC12694640x480_zpse9bce631.jpg

• Like 2

Steve, this must be some sort of record! I looked back to the starting date of this thread and it's only 20 days ago!

I love the second pic, by the way, with the other three sitting in the background.

:goodjob:

Ciao

Steve, this must be some sort of record! I looked back to the starting date of this thread and it's only 20 days ago!

I love the second pic, by the way, with the other three sitting in the background.

:goodjob:

Ciao

Thanks Giemme,the main reason I build in two,s or threes is a simple hatred of the loading and cleaning of the airbrush! I love getting quickly to the brush painting stage

so when I started this build I sprayed six kit cockpits (Fulmar and Hurricane also)in one go,it does feel like a production line at times though!

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 2

Thanks Giemme,the main reason I build in two,s or threes is a simple hatred of the loading and cleaning of the airbrush!

I feel you pain here ... I always try to have group of items of the same kit to be sprayed the same color, just to minimize the load'n'clean rounds ...

I love getting quickly to the brush painting stage so when I started this build I sprayed six kit cockpits (Fulmar and Hurricane also)in one go,it does feel like a production line at times though!

Great system! Now, where do you find all the room you need to keep all those ongoing builds, me wonders .... :hmmm::hmmm:LOL!

Ciao

Edited by giemme
  • Like 1

I feel you pain here ... I always try to have group op items of the same kit to be sprayed the same color, just to minimize the load'n'clean rounds ...

Great system! Now, where do you find all the room you need to keep all those ongoing builds, me wonders .... :hmmm::hmmm:LOL!

Ciao

Hi Giemme,I have a nice big loft room now my eldest son has flown the nest!

• Like 1

Steve, who said airbrushing was an improvement on a paint brush? It takes only 20 seconds to clean a hairy brush....

I only say that because I am jealous of airbrush owners, of course!

Ran out of cash when last in London, had just enough left to buy 2 new paint brushes!!!! Next time, then I can bitch with all of you about the inconvenience of cleaning the little sods!

Great models nonetheless, even with all the clean up involved.

JR

Steve, who said airbrushing was an improvement on a paint brush? It takes only 20 seconds to clean a hairy brush....

I only say that because I am jealous of airbrush owners, of course!

Ran out of cash when last in London, had just enough left to buy 2 new paint brushes!!!! Next time, then I can bitch with all of you about the inconvenience of cleaning the little sods!

Great models nonetheless, even with all the clean up involved.

JR

Keep an eye out in RFI soon Jean, I am nearly finished a Hurricane totally hand painted from start to finish,just like it used to be!

Hi folks,last two in the gallery.Thanks for all the support and comment it,s been a great GB got my 1/72 mojo back and changed my direction for the coming year!

• Like 1