Airfix Quickbuild cars

cmatthewbacon

Kind Santa delivered the Airfix Aventador in my university-student son's Christmas stocking. I think it looks pretty good. Although Airfix doesn't state a scale for the range, it's pretty clear that the Aventador at least is 1/24:

aventadors-1.jpg

aventadors-2.jpg

aventadors-3.jpg

aventadors-4.jpg

It took my son about 20 minutes to build and sticker, and it went together pretty straightforwardly. As you can see, it compares pretty well shape and detail wise (externally at least) with the Aoshima model that I have on my shelf. Plus you can drive it around on the floor without worrying about breaking it...

I'm now really rather looking forward to the upcoming Mclaren P1 and Veyron. If you want either in 1/24 on your shelf in 2015, this may be the best (only) way to get it!

bestest,

M.

• Like 1

Looks like a good little kit, maybe something that would get the modelling mojo running again if you found yourself stalled during / inbetween builds.

Could probably be easily improved upon and detailed up a bit too, depending on how creative you feel!

Edited by Mafney

• 9 months later...

I bought the VW Beetle for my 3-year-old from the gift shop at the Haynes Motor Museum this summer. He loves taking it to bits and putting it back together. Measuring the wheelbase, it appears to be 1/22 scale (sic) or thereabouts. Exterior is reasonably accurate, though the interior is very Lego-like - it even has studs on the seats, as if they were planning to include figures to sit on them.

image_zpschpjblbk.jpeg

• Like 1