Pegaso 90mm Knight Hospitaller, XIII century

spin

Hi All
This is a first for me, i have never build a figurine but i thought i would give this one ago Pegaso 90mm Knight Hospitaller, XIII century. This is the Box art only if i could get it like this.

b2b_PEG_90-043_1_zps14543213.jpg

The kit comes in 16 white metal parts in the usual sturdy box and foam protective packing. Inspection of all the parts show first rate casting with virtually no mould lines on most parts which leaves only a minimum of cleanup.

hospitaller001_zps4540d1bc.jpg

hospitaller006_zps5e6efcc7.jpg

I rub down the parts that needed to have the seems lines removed.Tested the main body parts got excited and glued the top and bottom together using CA Glue.Then decided to slow down.Have now spayed the parts with Vallejo Surface primer.3b34e338-72af-419a-89dc-3f4be02f96a0_zps

Have started on the shield thinking this would be the easiest place to start. This is what i have done so far.

fbeb4265-b870-4849-8788-c1d152c777a7_zps

I thought the chain mail would of been better, black main colour and metallic Gray Dry brush. Thinking of the hight lights being silver or Chrome silver

Great start. Looking forward to the rest of the build.

Andrew

The overall is very nice. but I particularly like the black. :goodjob: As FrancieT suggested, a little work on the eyes and he'll come to life; if I may add one thing, put also the reflected light into the pupil. One tiny little drop of white, off-center, will do the job

Ciao

Just spotted this - what a great thread! The eyes in your latest version are a huge improvement in my opinion. Possibly the (figure's) right iris is a bit big compared to the left, but that might just be the angle.

Eyes aside, I love the skin tones and the other materials. I saw the picture of the shield at the start and only registered the arm and mounting plate - I think my brain saw it sitting on a wooden table not realising it was painted wood grain. Top stuff.

Will