Revell Embraer 195

Also very good decision from them releasing the 195, easier & cheaper to shrink it to a 190 than the opposite. Now let's hope they'll maintain the high quality feel of their 747-8 & A350 recent releases, it's always so uncertain with Revell.

• Like 2

I think the A380 is an Easykit in 1/288, rather than their 1/144th kit.

Ideally, Revell need to design the CAD and then ship it off to Zvezda for them to engineer and produce the kit (but not the decals) - best of both worlds, perhaps. Mind you, Revell are prone to the odd error themselves...

Andrew

I think the A380 is an Easykit in 1/288, rather than their 1/144th kit.

Ideally, Revell need to design the CAD and then ship it off to Zvezda for them to engineer and produce the kit (but not the decals) - best of both worlds, perhaps. Mind you, Revell are prone to the odd error themselves...

Andrew

It's an Easykit !

modelldoc

• 1 year later...

A bit late, but the product finally made it onto Revell's homepage:

csm_04884__I_EMBRAER_ERJ_195_6df32f204e.

http://www.revell.de/en/products/model-building/aircraft/civilian-aircraft/id/04884.html

The instructions are already available for viewing/ download and there's also a short video showing still frames of the completed model AND a pic of the sprues! Bit artistic and of no real analytic value, but... just push the "Play" button on the link given above.

Cheers,

Niki

L.E.: ok, ok! There is some analytic value in there after all ^_^ We are being supplied with a cockpit and winglets are already blended into the wings which saves for some fiddly gluing. I'm happy :D

Edited by niki
  • Like 4

At least with Revell you can be guaranteed a decent product at a reasonable price so I'm looking at Lufthansa Cityline, Air Dolomiti (kit decals), LOT, British Airways, Hop!, KLM, Flybe and Austrian. That's eight kits for starters, some of which will need to be chopped down. Should keep me out of harm's way for a while.

• Like 3

I'm looking forward to this one, the box art looks great. The way Revell have added spacers to the nose wheel doors and main wheels is quite clever because often when I've closed up the doors they sink below the fuselage level and become recessed and look odd.

Colour schemes I'll choose will be Air Dolomiti because it's very nice, FlyBe, Lufthansa, Air Canada, jetBlue. I'd also like Royal Air Maroc to remind me of a journey from Heathrow to Casablanca last year on my way back to Freetown. Interesting journey during which the air steward told me off for taking pictures out of the window at Heathrow, threw a hand towel at me after the meal and scolded me quite angrily with wagging finger to remove my headphones as the plane was about to land (it wasn't, it was merely at the top of descent and still 20 plus minutes from landing) whilst completely ignoring everyone else wearing headphones!

Jeff

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I purchased this kit a few days ago, what a surprise, the molding quality is really passable, at least on my kit. The only parts that do not show sink marks are the 2 fuselage parts, the 4 wing parts, the 2 stabilizer and the windshield. Everything else is full of sink marks, the main wheels are not usable as is. I will make a list of the flawed parts and send it with photos to Revell. Even if the kit is not expensive this lack of quality is a bad message sent to customers. Dacia cars are known to be cheap but you are never expected to fill its body panels with filler ;-). I can understand the principle of using filler on usual joints but not to cover such molding defects. The decal sheet, however, is wonderful and I am starting to understand why the boxart is so tempting ;-)

• Like 1

Hello,

I purchased this kit a few days ago, what a surprise, the molding quality is really passable, at least on my kit. The only parts that do not show sink marks are the 2 fuselage parts, the 4 wing parts, the 2 stabilizer and the windshield. Everything else is full of sink marks, the main wheels are not usable as is. I will make a list of the flawed parts and send it with photos to Revell. Even if the kit is not expensive this lack of quality is a bad message sent to customers. Dacia cars are known to be cheap but you are never expected to fill its body panels with filler ;-). I can understand the principle of using filler on usual joints but not to cover such molding defects. The decal sheet, however, is wonderful and I am starting to understand why the boxart is so tempting ;-)

Have you got any pics

Thanks

Sure, if I understand how to post pics here. I will try to have that done tomorrow.

Upload your jpegs to a site like Photobucket or Postimage, copy the URL of your first photo, click on the "image" icon in the message toolbar (the thing that looks like a double square), paste the URL, repeat as required until you're done. Believe me, if I can do it anyone can.

• Like 1