AC-47 "SPOOKY"

• 3 years later...

Blast from the past....!!

I just started this exact model last night and found this thread for research.  That is a cracking job on the 47 but my main comment is that I have the 119 in the stash and didn't realise the actual size of it until I saw your photo of the 2 Gunships together....!!  I'm now having to rethink building it as I might not be able to fit it anywhere!!!

Phil

• Like 1

Great looking beasts, and you did very fine job on weathering! My favorite is Ac-119, one nasty looking machine!

Just few doubts... Shouldn`t AC-47 43-48579 "PUFF" be in NMF/WHITE and with black tail cod? And FS34102 Medium Green is a bit darker, IMHO? Am i wrong!?

Pls HL-10, pls do not take me wrong, i just like gunships from Vietnam and, as i already said, you have done a great job on that gunships!!!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, boom.boom said:

Great looking beasts, and you did very fine job on weathering! My favorite is Ac-119, one nasty looking machine!

Just few doubts... Shouldn`t AC-47 43-48579 "PUFF" be in NMF/WHITE and with black tail cod? And FS34102 Medium Green is a bit darker, IMHO? Am i wrong!?

Pls HL-10, pls do not take me wrong, i just like gunships from Vietnam and, as i already said, you have done a great job on that gunships!!!

Thank you, and everyone else, for all the comments and compliments.

To be honest, I painted the Spooky as per Italeri's instructions.

I am aware that the early gunships were in nmf/white, but I have to bow to your knowledge on the subject.

I used Humbrol enamels for the camouflage, and I lightened the colours to give a faded effect. Also, the photos were taken with a flash.

Thanks again,

Angelo😀

• Like 2